Profile Picture

Content downloader issues with CA4

Posted By fredjonze 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
fredjonze
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Is anyone else having problem with content downloader and the social buddies V1 pack included with the CA4 pipeline offer? I had same sorts of problems with CTA3. Left a message in the content downloader forum, but judging by the history it doesn't get visited often.
Using Mac Mojave 10.14.4. I downloaded  the latest version of CD via Hub.
CD only seems to grab 12 items in the 295 content list per run, then it hangs with a beachball, requiring a force quit. Subsequent runs appear to again grab 12 items. I watched the RLCntDownloader directory I see new entries each time it is run. After 30+ runs I can only assume they are dupes and no real progress is made. Hard to know if they are dupes....the file names appear to be guids with no consistency.
Any help is appreciated. 

Thx,

Jim

thomasway
thomasway
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
FYI, I was able to download the identical pack on Mac Sierra 10.12 without a problem. I just tried the actors and motions and they work fine.

I know this doesn't help with your problem but at least you now know the file on their server is working.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 40 minutes ago
Hi Jim

I have just tested the pack and it downloaded without any issues for me.

Please first check that you have the latest version of the Content Downloader installed. You can find it HERE

Then try going to the "Order History" page of your account and download from the link there (with Cartoon Animator 4 and all other software closed down).

Does it install correctly now?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

fredjonze
fredjonze
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)

Peter,
I downloaded and installed the laster CD app several times. 
I went to order history and downloaded/ran the installcontent.rlcontent file numerous (6) times.
I received a separate RLDownloaderMgr app from Reallusion and dragged the list to the app to run.
All those actions produce the exact same results...which appears to be transferring 12 elements (out of 295) and then hanging with a beachball.
And, this is not new for CA4...I had similar problems with other content with CTA3....sometimes the content loader ran just fine and sometimes it displayed the same behaviors listed above. 
I've disable the firewall, restarted the Mac, reset pram with no change.
Is there any way to get/load the content without content downloader?
Thx,
Jim
fredjonze
fredjonze
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Peter,
One thing I noticed, that might be relevant, is that whenever I start the intstall content process I see the iCloud Drive sync icon flash on. It disappears when I force quit the app.
I haven't turned off iCloud because there is 70gb of data that needs to be copied or be lost.
Thoughts?
Jim
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 40 minutes ago
Hi Jim... 

Sorry to hear the problems continue.

I would advise contacting Technical Support about this using the link below. They will be able to work with you to get the problem resolved.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

fredjonze
fredjonze
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Peter,
Thanks. I've already contacted tech support and they had me do the things already mentioned. I shipped them the log, so we'll see what happens.

Jim

Reading This Topic