Particle question???

Posted By Peter Blood 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter Blood
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi guys: Smile

I'm working on a scene from Ari 3 and I've run into a problem. As you can see Ari is deflecting a weapon thrown at her. 
I want a flash when her sword deflects the weapon and I got it to do that except I can't get the bleedin' thing to turn off
when I want it to. I set the emitter to off at the correct moment on the timeline, but it stays on anyway. I haven't worked
with them for a bit so I probably just forgot to do something.
What am I missing?

Here's the timeline so you can see I cut the emitter but "the little light stays on!"

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/89747442-dcd6-4eca-b681-56ed.png

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Do particles have 'Visibility' toggle?  If so, you could just disable 'Visibility' at that frame...

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
You can't shut it off by using the opacity slider, I tried that. It should go off merely by switching the emit off.
Thanks man, I appreciate the input. Smile

That crazy sound came from the video I'm using on his eyes. It'll be gone in the final render.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter Blood
Walt_R
Walt_R
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Peter,
It's the particle not you. I experimented and it continues to emit way after you turn it off (almost 10 seconds).
Try using Legacy Particle Blaze 01 under Misc. I was able to turn it off quickly. That might help with the effect you want.
Hope this helps.
Walt
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hello, Peter, I don't know if you're using legacy particles or popcornfx but here our some suggestion that may help, the particle may stay visible for few more seconds based on the particle life and the number of particles emitted at that time. try these steps it may resolve your issue I hope this helps.
1 Deactivate the emitter.
2. Set the particle life to zero.
3. Set the emitter amount also to zero.
4. If the particle gives you access to the alpha channel set this value to zero also, in the particle, not the material section.
5. You may need to adjust the keyframes also to get the timing correct.

Warped Reality VFX.

Reading This Topic