What's new in Cartoon Animator v4.0

Posted By Ola(RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ola(RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago

As Reallusion promised, Cartoon Animator 4 launched on the April, 2019

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3a82f31a-5cde-4fa7-803d-39ab.jpg

New Features:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/875b6df2-b402-412e-a7dd-666b.jpg
    • To bring users real-time animation and facial motion capture, Cartoon Animator 4 presents the first Plug-in: Motion Live 2D. Now with Motion Live 2D users can use any webcam or iPhone (TrueDepth Camera needed) to instantly capture facial movements on any 2D characters to generate live shows for YouTube, Facebook or Twitch!
    • Cartoon Animator 4 provides 360 Head Creator that transforms 2D art into 3D styled characters. It empower users to create vivid head turn with the abilities to add additional decorative items to create unique characters and simulate 3D-like head turn through deform and transform.
    • 360 Head Creator allows you to define maximal head turn angle, auto and manual masking, and layering for your characters. Transform facial sprites for optimized angle view.
    • Add additional decorative items: users can freely add other decorative elements to stylize your characters with details. Such as: hair pieces, scars and shadows etc.
    • Smart Designs: intuitive tools for you to create 360 head instantly.
      • Deform Mode: Optional Free Form Deformation resolution from 2x2 (perspective correction) to 5x5 (precise shape definition).
      • Transform Mode: Speedy facial features scale while maintaning angle data.
      • Sprite Change: Spontaneous head turn and sprite change.
    • Mask: Cartoon Animator 4 provide a adjustable Mask System to mask-out features outside the face to create the 3D illusion.Added: LIVE FACE app can now sync over Wifi connection which is convenient for wireless facial mocap.
    • Smooth Mode: Cartoon Animator 4 provides you with this new facial expression system to achieve smooth facial blendshape animation. Smooth mode uses minimal amount of feature sprites, the expression change is made by transformation and deformation from the same sprite, no sprite switch is being used.
    • Face Key Editor: Cartoon Animator 4 enhanced the power to create and adjust precise facial expressions. The newly added Head Turn Gizmo can easily guide the head direction using mouse cursor, a quick way to layout the animation tempo.
    • Smart IK/FK makes creating amazing cartoon animation so much easier. Posing with locking end effectors gives you power to precisely animate characters with scene interaction.
    • Stretch Animation: Freely extend any character’s end segments - head, hands and feet. Rubber-band stretch midpoint segments like elbow, waist, knee.
    • Intuitive Auto IK/FK Switch: Drag-and-move end effectors for IK editing, directly rotate joins for FK editing. Intuitive pose-to-pose editing without switching IK and FK modes.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0982b438-00fd-492b-85d9-a825.png
    • Create 2D Talking Heads
    • 2D Character Animation Editing
    • 2D Character Creation
    • Prop Animations and SFX
    • Photoshop Pipeline
    • Advanced Animation Features in Pipeline Edition

Edited
3 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
pgibouin
pgibouin
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for this great release RL team !
You have just revolutionized the way 2D animations are made and you are probably showing what will be the future of 2D animation for small and middle range studios.

CA4 become a major tool in animation world. Can you please tell us why there is such a price difference beetween the 2D facial Mocap version and the Live Face (iPhone) version ? By the way, is it possible to use the iClone Live face version (iPhone) with CA4 ?

Thanks,

Pierre
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 34 minutes ago
Hi Pierre

Thank you for the kind words.

The pricing of plug-ins depends on many factors including the technology being used and the features they allow. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I didn't see any 'SHOWCASE' being opened for CA4 here.
If users are to post their 'showcase' should they create a new post here?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
Edited
5 Years Ago by vepop
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
After  some days and more I explore this application, I falling in love. Actually I want create 3D stuff, but it is so much fun play with ,  also because I have a big new drawing tablet . Great Release  I will just definitely use the pay button now . RL made the best and inovative ools for me.Thank you so much ! Kiss

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
After  some days and more I explore this application, I falling in love. Actually I want create 3D stuff, but it is so much fun play with ,  also because I have a big new drawing tablet . Great Release  I will just definitely use the pay button now . RL made the best and inovative Tools for me.Thank you so much ! Kiss

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
5 Years Ago by vidi

Reading This Topic