Workflow for Motions from iClone 7 to Unity

Posted By Dan Miller 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I just want to make sure I have the workflow correct for motions in Unity.

1. Create motion in iClone 7.
2. Collect clip and save motion.
3. Open character in CC3, click export, attach motions, export for Unity.
4. Drag new character with motions into CC Assets.
5. Grab motion, change to humanoid if needed, place on Timeline.

If the motion is off a bit then keep repeating all steps until the motion fits. An example would be a seated position on a low step. It seems like a time consuming workflow to include having to import the entire character each time you add motions or make changes. Is there a better way?
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
This would be something for LiveLink (or whatever the name is), but I thinks that's currently for Unreal only. But the idea is that you have immediate feedback that way, at least that's my understanding.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
animagic (4/30/2019)
This would be something for LiveLink (or whatever the name is), but I thinks that's currently for Unreal only. But the idea is that you have immediate feedback that way, at least that's my understanding.

That would be great and yes, I believe that is Unreal only as well. Does it sound like my workflow is correct with what we currently have to work with? I would think it would be faster with 3DXhange but one of the recent videos from Kai said to export only from CC3. I think it has to do with the recent script.

Reading This Topic