How to get rid of an Atmosphere?

Posted By AncientWire 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AncientWire
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I created a project (just a figure) and it was kinda boring, so I clicked on Atmospheres until I found the one I liked - Atmosphere / Basic / Horror.
I can render my figure with the regular renderer, but I can't get a transparent png - it creates it with the black background, and since I want to print it, it looks terrible and way too dark.  I can remove the black background in Visual / Atmosphere by turning off Show Sky, but then when I render I get a grey background.
I can get a transparent png with no background if I use Iray, but the horror lights look really strange - I have a bunch of red that I see nowhere to get rid of.  I tried some LUT filters, but it didn't remove the red at all. 
I know I can just start over, but I remember struggling with atmospheres in the past and would really like to understand better.
So..
How can you remove an Atmosphere, not just replace it with another?
Am I missing the regular render with a transparent background?  I really think I have done that in the past.
Thanks!
Helene

wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
In the Scene Manager delete the Sky and the Atmosphere is removed. To get a transparent background with the iClone renderer open the Project Settings panel and under 2D Background uncheck "Activate Image" and for "Background Color" click on the color box and make sure to select Black from the pallet window that opens.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ede0dcb4-f8aa-4a2e-87e1-6847.png

If your Transparent image shows a "Halo" effect around the character you need to look at all the materials in the character and delete any and all Glow maps.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

AncientWire
AncientWire
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thank you so much!

Reading This Topic