Hair in Unity with CC3 Base

Posted By Dan Miller 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I'm still having trouble figuring out hair in Unity with a CC3 base character. One solution is to use an asset called Dynamic Bone but it only works if the hair has a bone. CC3 characters do not have the hair bone needed. Any tips on how to get the hair moving around instead of just a static rug on the head? Examples would be when the character dances the hair should flow around the shoulders, up and down, etc. When the wind blows the hair should move. I'm just not getting it.
relfiroth
relfiroth
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, not sure if you already found a solution, I'm doing the same, Unity + Dynamic Hair. There are two options for making this work, you can either edit the .fbx in Maya or 3dmax and add the bone there (and assign the vertices from the hair to that bone). There is also some assets in Unity's Asset Store that allow to edit the bones inside Unity (which should be easier), look up for example Puppet Master and others
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
relfiroth (5/18/2019)
Hi, not sure if you already found a solution, I'm doing the same, Unity + Dynamic Hair. There are two options for making this work, you can either edit the .fbx in Maya or 3dmax and add the bone there (and assign the vertices from the hair to that bone). There is also some assets in Unity's Asset Store that allow to edit the bones inside Unity (which should be easier), look up for example Puppet Master and others

Sounds good thank you. I haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet, been working 15 hr days. But I appreciate the help.

Reading This Topic