Daz Environments to iClone

Posted By Kelleytoons 8 Months Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 43 minutes ago
Ah -- that's wrong (you have "Exports" as a top directory, not in your "Documents" directory).

You either need to move "Exports" into a sub-directory of "Documents" or edit that path and remove "Documents".

(But thanks for this -- I'm now including a better way of finding that "Exports" directory for people, with clearer explanations).

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

I made  the change, but it still doesn't work, with a different message this time.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3676b0a2-09fb-4392-b455-65d8.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a43bfd04-a0ed-44b9-971e-c19a.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e8bacc1e-5184-44ac-9bc3-4678.png

My latest movies: https://www.youtube.com/user/argus1000bis

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.2K reputation)

What Daz object is that (so I can test it myself)?

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

It's called "Aircraft colo" by Petipet

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, that's all normal.

That particular model doesn't have many textures, although it has a few (other than the diffuse maps).  And the couple it has aren't named well (as I explain in the videos, there are no standards for Daz devs and many do not follow anything at all, or make up their own weird ones).

There are two normals (one for the seats and one for the "metal") and that's it, and neither has anything other than an "n" at the end to indicate it's a normal.  While I can (and will) account for these it won't be until I get to the release version.  In the meantime, those two little maps can easily be copied by hand over.

My routine is mostly for use with items with a lot of materials and maps, to make it easier than doing it by hand.  In this case no need (although, as I said, when the release version is out it WILL get those two maps.  But it will still say "no materials found" for those items without any more maps which, in this case, is most of them).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah! It works now. I get all the bump, normal , roughness, metallic maps now. It makes a big difference. Thank you very much, Kellytoons.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9b7f6065-64bb-48e9-af81-ca13.png

Edited
8 Months Ago by argus1000
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Good, glad it's working.  

There still may be things it doesn't work on, or work well with.  If you find one, let me know and I'll see if I can fix it (and it will make it better for everyone).  And always keep an eye on my channel for the latest release (I won't always post here or if I do it may not be right away).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.3K reputation)

Great routine Mike .... very handy indeed ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.61  3DXChange Pro  CC-3 CT-8  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body Mocap  Popcorn FX  PopVideo  iRAY  Kinect V2  Vegas Pro 16  Mixcraft 8.1 Pro

argus1000
argus1000
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Kellytoons,

While some Daz products work with your script, some others don't, and I don't know why. For example, with  "Moonshine diner" by Jack Tomalin, "NY stores" by Aurelio and "Old London alley" by PerspectX , your script doesn't bring any new maps. Is this normal?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/572b8e5c-75e4-4992-9af6-0cc3.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7c07d6fe-4a9b-4c7a-a086-402c.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b5583a8d-8834-48da-9495-86a2.png

Edited
8 Months Ago by argus1000
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

As I explained above, this is mostly due to the lack of conventions used by the Daz developers.  In at least two of these cases (I didn't bother to look at the Diner but I suspect it's true as well) the devs are using a convention of a single letter at the end of their maps to designate what type of map it is (like "N" for normal, for example).

This isn't a very reliable way of noting what maps are what (it gets into particular trouble when some devs use "S" for Shininess and others use it for "Shine" as in "Glow" or other such things).  While my program *will* attempt to deal with these cases when finally released (sometime before the end of this week) as I said earlier this particular version only accounts for about 50% of the maps used (the release version will get about 90% -- even it will still have some occasions where the dev has used no standards or ones that are so peculiar to themselves I just can't rely on them).

So the good news for at least 2 out of the 3 (and maybe all three) is that they will get captured in the next release (soon now).  And you can always tell, as it shows you which maps could not be matched (that's why it's saying it could not match "Ex_1_Wall_B" for example -- as it stands now it doesn't understand that's a bump map).  In the future when you get unmatched maps I'll appreciate a listing of which ones don't get matched (or you can just tell me which object it is) as I will try to include them in in any future releases.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic