CC2-to-CC3-to-CC2

Posted By oatt 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
oatt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I can't find a solution to the following: 
- I installed the trial version of CC3. 
- I opened and modified CC2 files in CC3, and resaved. 
- I try to open these files in my licensed CC2, and get a 
   'Failed to load the file.' message. 
Thanks. 

wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
This is quite normal.

RL products, like almost all other software packages, are not backward compatible. Content saved in a newer version can not be opened in an older one due to changes in the file structure. On the other hand, content saved in older versions can be opened in newer versions.

You will need to upgrade to fully licensed version of CC3 to continue using any CC3 content. Smile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

oatt
oatt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thank you for the reply, Gerry. I assumed that is the case in general, but with simply trying a trial version, I assumed my extensive changes in CC3, to try it, wouldn't be lost/held hostage for the purchase of the trial. The modifications I made that I'm losing are nothing that CC2 couldn't do, it's just a truck load of time lost. Is there NO way of recouping the modified file, stripped of any CC3 'upgrade' elements? Thanks again, wires. 

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Is there NO way of recouping the modified file, stripped of any CC3 'upgrade' elements?

Short Answer:
NO
Sorry
Greats from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
slide47b (4/26/2019)
Thank you for the reply, Gerry. I assumed that is the case in general, but with simply trying a trial version, I assumed my extensive changes in CC3, to try it, wouldn't be lost/held hostage for the purchase of the trial. The modifications I made that I'm losing are nothing that CC2 couldn't do, it's just a truck load of time lost. Is there NO way of recouping the modified file, stripped of any CC3 'upgrade' elements? Thanks again, wires. 

Do you have iClone 7? 

If so then you are entitled to Character Creator 3 for iClone which will be able to open the files. If you don't have iClone 7 then sadly there is no way to open a CC3 character in Character Creator 2.

Do you not have a copy of the character you converted still in Character Creator 2? If you converted and saved it in CC3 your CC2 copy should still be there surely?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic