Posted By Cary B 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Episode Six of original super-hero graphic novel animated by Iclone

Author
Cary B
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Today @ 12:51 AM
Took a break for awhile from Iclone, but I'm now back working on my project, Those Who Walk in Darkness.  Episode Six now posted. I have not fully learned how to take advantage of all the newer tools, but gradually experimenting with things.I'm hoping to start mastering the curve editor a little better. Right now just dabbling with it. 

I give a big shout out to all my great voice actors, though few will ever visit this forum. 

Appreciate any feedback, especially about animation techniques, camera work. improved lighting and better ways to render

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/848c8492-ac67-42c2-9d27-461e.jpg

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Nicely done. You're animation skills have continued to improve. I liked it very much.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

I'd rather not bring up negatives because overall this is impressive. I perceive 3 broad elements ... ● Your Story  ● Your Soundtrack  ● Your Visuals. - Sure, there's minor things that could be 'fine-tuned' visually (and that's always a "never ending" process), but the story and sound track are strong and they drive the whole film forward anyway. I think it carries a real 'epic-feel'. It's truly very well done - I'll be watching it again for sure .....  Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Walt_R
Walt_R
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Great characters, costumes, special effects, scenes and sets. Really liked the underwater scenes. Appreciate the G-rated script. Overall animation was well done and with over 30 minutes of video that says a lot. Voice acting is A+++++ and what brings me back to watching and looking forward to the series. 
Minor suggestion: some scenes the animation of the actor stopped but the scene went on for a second or two. Tighter editing or fading a scene would solve that easy. Also some of the vocals by the Black Wasp had some reverb or echoing to it as if it was recorded in an empty room.
Fantastic job. Time and effort well spent. BigGrin  
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Oh, and I forgot to mention a *fourth* element or part - a sort of "experience" which goes beyond the story, sound & image. It goes to show that you don't have to expose yourself to *high stakes, adrenalin pumping action* in order to experience something. This (I find), is greater than the sum of it's parts,
and that's the true magic of this .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Another job well done. I can’t put my finger on it, but the whole thing together just “works.” I’m in my 40’s and even though this is a newer looking cartoon, this takes me back to nostalgic Saturday mornings when I was a kid. The voice acting is still crazy top notch! Your films keep getting better. I watched it all the way though, so well done! Keep making em and we’ll keep watchingSmile

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Nice Wink And well done!

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

pedrosura
pedrosura
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Great job. Very good and entertaining. The voice acting was great, the music and awesome story telling.. liked it very much..
Cary B
Cary B
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Thanks to all for the comments. 

Peter, toystorylab and pedrosura, I very much appreciate your encouraging words. 

Kungphu, thanks, there is a definite "retro" aspect that is partly deliberate and partly just comfortable for me. Some of the inspiration for me goes way back to the old movie serials of the 1930's and '40's. I'm not so old that I saw them when they came out, but I did encounter versions of them on TV at a young age, and in later life collected DVD's of them to watch. I was particularly a fan of the old Flash Gordon serials that starred Buster Crabbe. If you've seen them you may recognize that Questar and his "collar" are similar to one of Buster Crabbe's outfits. https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e1241a34-42f2-4c7e-9092-175e.jpg

Cary B
Cary B
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Walt_R, I very much appreciate your suggestions regarding the animations where the actor stopped moving before the scene cut away. Watching it carefully again, I did identify a couple of times when that happened, which somehow I hadn't noticed. I'm glad you pointed it out to me, I count it as very helpful feedback. 

I was aware that the lines recorded by the Black Wasp had an odd sound to them, but the actor who does that role actually has to do it for me on his own equipment, and he was having problems with it. I thought I could fix the files with some electronic noise reduction, and blend it into the background sound of the plane. It didn't quite work, did it? 

I agree that the voice acting is a huge aspect of the series, and I am amazed and grateful to see what the actors do with the scripts I give them. They have bought into this project with a  lot of enthusiasm, and many of them are extremely talented. 

sonic7, your comments warm my heart. It's true that the audio soundtrack drives this story, for I have worked in audio production for many years, and I know much more about that process than animation. I'm very glad if you find the story compelling as well. I am at the point where I am trying to deepen the story and characters, and build stronger interest in who they are and their internal conflicts, while hopefully not losing the action element that is an important part of this genre. I must say that I don't fear any "negative" comments you may have. When you earlier mentioned something about my use of DOF, I found it helpful. It made me start thinking about how to use DOF more effectively and watching how it is used in real movies. I have started experimenting with it as a storytelling tool, which I probably never would have if you hadn't suggested it. Not that I have mastered it by any means, but I have at least become aware of it more. So don't worry about making any suggestions. I'm very honored that you would watch it even one time, let alone a second time. 

Reading This Topic