Profile Picture

The iClone Plug-in Marketplace is Now Open!

Posted By Tony (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Tony (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
iClone Plug-in Marketplace

Dear iCloners,

Reallusion is more than excited to let you know that the iClone Plug-in Marketplace is now available for everyone.
We finally have a dedicated place where you can download free plug-ins, share your own plugin design, and be able to sell your plugin to the world of iClone users in the near future.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/749927c6-f37c-4642-997f-e11f.jpg

Besides sample scripts provided by Reallusion, please check Motion Clip Sizer, the first plug-in made by community member - Andreas, aka the-any-key.

Python of the Month

To give iClone users a steady learning path on iClone Python scripting, Reallusion introduces "Python of the Month" - themed python samples each month, including description over API that is being used and how the program works.

1. Sample Script - Smooth Camera Follow

Download the Smooth Camera Follow plug-in from the Marketplace.
  • To explore how it works, please link the Python wiki
  • To get its source code, please visit GitHub
Important Notice: Special Version of iClone is Required

This sample plug-in is developed with the Beta version of the iClone Python API. To make this plug-in work, please be sure to:
2. Unzip the folder into a designated location of your choice.
3. Execute the Special Version in \Python_API_073_for_iClone_741\Bin64\iClone.exe
4. This version won't overwrite and affect your existing iClone application.

PS: if you have any questions about the plug-in and its code, please feel free to let us know by replying to this post 

2. Fundamental Courses

Please be sure to start from the fundamental courses if you are interested to know how this sample program works

Course 1: List All Props  - how to get the prop list from the iClone scene, and place them into the list box (UI)

Course 2: Look At - make a simple look-at routine using a Python script

Course 3: Transformation Key - how to translate, rotate and scale your object

For more courses, please visit here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start to Create Your Own iClone Plug-in

Interested in customizing and expanding iClone features by yourself? Check out iClone OPEN for related links and resources.

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
Edited
5 Years Ago by Tony (RL)
makeurmark
makeurmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I just downloaded six of these great looking plugins.
Apologies, I'm really confused.
Where do I store the plugins?
I just read this post and got even more confused - "Download the special version of iClone (zip.)".
Is there any documentation that explains why you need to download another version of iClone, a bit more detailed than this post.
I have taken a look, but just getting more and more confused.
Thanks
TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Sorry to say this, but I just watched the “motion clip sizer” video and could not follow it at all. Everything flashed by far too fast, the graphics don’t work for a tutorial and with no commentary I’m afraid I have no idea what was actually going on and therefore why I need this plug-in. Normally I’m pretty good at following tutorials, but this was beyond me. Given RL normally do a great job with tutorials I’m surprised they would kick-off this new feature with this, even though it was obviously not made by them. Sorry to sound so negative, but....
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Just downloaded the special version for python. Tried to unzip it and I get these error/s. Unable to unzip it at all.
*Special Version of iClone Required:
This sample plugin is developed with Beta version of the iClone Python API. To make this plugin work, please be sure to:
1. Download the Special Version of iClone (.zip)
2. Unzip the folder into a designated location of your choice
3. Execute the Special Version in \Python_API_073_for_iClone_741\Bin64\iClone.exe
4. This version won't overwrite and affect your existing iClone application

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9f7de8ec-d863-438b-9d40-4257.jpg

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Space Rider (4/30/2019)
Just downloaded the special version for python. Tried to unzip it and I get these error/s. Unable to unzip it at all.
This sample plugin is developed with Beta version of the iClone Python API. To make this plugin work, please be sure to:

I encountered the same problem and resolved it as follows:

1 - create a folder with a short name at the root of your disk (ex: pyzip073)
2 - download or copy the file Python_API_073_for_iClone_741 in this folder
3 - now you can unzip the file without any problem
4 - Execute the Special Version of iClone in \ Python_API_073_for_iClone_741 \ Bin64 \ iClone.exe
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
TopOneTone (4/29/2019)
Sorry to say this, but I just watched the “motion clip sizer” video and could not follow it at all. Everything flashed by far too fast, the graphics don’t work for a tutorial and with no commentary I’m afraid I have no idea what was actually going on and therefore why I need this plug-in. Normally I’m pretty good at following tutorials, but this was beyond me. Given RL normally do a great job with tutorials I’m surprised they would kick-off this new feature with this, even though it was obviously not made by them. Sorry to sound so negative, but....

That video is an ad. Quick tutorial here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qrHY2wEXVDQ

Added subtitle on both videos to give a bit more information.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Edited
5 Years Ago by The-any-Key
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Space Rider (4/30/2019)

You can also enable long paths by Google:
enable long paths windows 10

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

makeurmark (4/29/2019)
I just downloaded six of these great looking plugins.
Where do I store the plugins?
I just read this post and got even more confused - "Download the special version of iClone (zip.)".
Is there any documentation that explains why you need to download another version of iClone, a bit more detailed than this post.
Thanks

You store the plugins in "E:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7 Dev\Python_API_073_for_iClone_741\Bin64\OpenPlugin"
Each plugin in OpenPlugin should have a own folder.

You need the special iClone dev version because it got the newest python API. Think of it like a Beta or developer version. The stable iclone 7 don't have access to that API yet. And the plugin that require it use features in the latest Python API. So if you try run the plugin in the stable iclone it wont work. So you need the beta/developer version to run the plugin.

makeurmark
makeurmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Thanks the-any-key, got it...
Do I need to uninstall iClone 7, before installing the Beta?
Edited
5 Years Ago by makeurmark
Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
makeurmark (5/1/2019)
Thanks the-any-key, got it...
Do I need to uninstall iClone 7, before installing the Beta?

You don't need. They are independent. 

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic