Profile Picture

Best Workflow for Unity?

Posted By wiverson 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wiverson
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
So, I think I've sorted out a basic approach.  I create the character in CC3, then export that character to iClone.  I generate animations in iClone, which I then save as .iMotion files.  I then export the character from CC3, adding the .iMotion files.
That's... basically working, more or less.  I think I need to use the RI supplied script to automate the import process, but at least the Motion animations are coming through.  I'm able to import the models into Unity, as well as the body animations.
I haven't figured out how to bring in the Expression motions into Unity - I'm using the Face Puppet to add some basic expressions to the characters that match the body motions.  Unfortunately, those Expressions do not seem to be coming through.
I tried using the Collect Clip to grab everything, but it only seems to be grabbing the Motion...?
Any ideas?
wiverson
wiverson
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Ah. Export MotionPlus FTW.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
This should be helpful. The script is in the description.

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
wiverson (4/22/2019)

I haven't tried exporting motions from iClone yet but I will keep this in mind when I get to that point, thanks. So far I've just applied Mixamo animations on the Timeline.

I'm having trouble with hair. It looks decent with fade but it doesn't lay down and just remains stiff. Are you getting good hair results and a method to interact with it?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e975a87-9d27-4eb2-a4a8-577d.jpg
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I'm having trouble with hair. It looks decent with fade but it doesn't lay down and just remains stiff.

Use Unity Cloth Physic Component 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

vidi (4/22/2019)
I'm having trouble with hair. It looks decent with fade but it doesn't lay down and just remains stiff.

Use Unity Cloth Physic Component 

Ahh, ok, I appreciate the tip. When I apply it and hit play it pulls the hair off the head so I probably just need to learn how to use it. I wasn't getting the concept before so thank you much.
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wiverson (4/22/2019)

I'm confused about the workflow. Are you using 3DXchange? I created in iClone, collected just the portion of each clip I wanted, sent to 3DXchange using "MotionPlus send to 3DXchange", then to perform and ultimately exported in fbx for use in Unity. I think I'm doing it wrong and the there is no audio when it gets to Unity. What is your workflow again?
Edited
5 Years Ago by danmiller
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
 the there is no audio when it gets to Unity,
import audio as a sound file . FBX do not save audio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

vidi (4/26/2019)
 the there is no audio when it gets to Unity,
import audio as a sound file . FBX do not save audio

What I have is 16 short audio clips on the Timeline in iClone 7. I collected the clip for each audio and facial animation and saved them as iMotionPlus files. Those don't appear to work in Unity so then I tried exporting to 3DXchange, add all to Perform, and exported as FBX. I didn't realize that FBX could not do sound so thanks for that. That also tells me that my workflow is wrong. To export the sound by itself wouldn't work because the lip sync would get messed up.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You need to do both.
Export the motion plus for the lipsync, and also the audio file if you do not have it already outside iClone. There is a WAV option in the render panel. Just export a wav with the frame range of the audio clip.

Reading This Topic