Profile Picture

Can one Python Script execute another Python Script?

Posted By Data Juggler 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
If the above is a security risk that could go outside of the IClone Sandbox than what I really need is a way to do the SQL Server equivalent of Go to separate commands.

I am trying to find a work around to being able to apply only one transform to a prop in a single script, or that is what it appears from what I have learned so far.

Is there anyway to execute a script other than Script > Load Python?
If you could than it would be possible to build an external IDE or libraries of transforms / effects, or possibly even turn IClone into a Game Engine like Unity or something. 

I have been sitting in the 'Director's Chair' for the last couple of weeks and have found getting the camera just right is harder than I thought for 3 minutes of continuous motion. Things get easier the 15th or 20th time I do something, and I learn more and get faster but anything I could write to automate the parts I know are correct it sure would save me a lot of time for the events where I decide to start over because the entire world wants to flip over at some point and I can't figure out the cause.

The one thing I have learned is less is more. If I need to go from frames 1500 - 3600, unless an obstacle is in the way I am better off letting IClone smooth it out compared to me trying to estimate the motion at several intervals in between.

I finally figured out the IClone paths and how to use the % complete I want at each frame.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

videodv
videodv
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Data Juggler (4/21/2019)

Is there anyway to execute a script other than Script > Load Python?
If you could than it would be possible to build an external IDE or libraries of transforms / effects, or possibly even turn IClone into a Game Engine like Unity or something. 

Hi Data Juggler

Not sure if I am understanding this correctly but you can setup your own plugins that run when Iclone starts see Here I have one setup to control various actions of props or charaters.
I also have a script that controls Traffic Lights I run the main traffic light script that imports the traffic light data I have in an other script file. So I think you should at least be able to setup various files for things like transforms effects ect.

As I say Im not sure if I am on the right track here if not just forget this.

Chris.
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
It sounds you just want to create scripts with general functions you can call in a main program. You can do this via modules. Tips is to Google a bit about python and modules. It works like a shared library that you can call when you need it. Also share it with other scrips you make. If you just want to make a script call an external script you can Google "python execute python".

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD

Reading This Topic