Edit Motion Layer timeline confusion

Posted By johnwarndt52 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnwarndt52
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Using Edit Motion Layer I'm trying to modify some arm and hand movements in the timeline for the girl on the right. Initially, the Motion bar in the timeline was a solid grey line that grew with each addition, but at some point my additions became nothing more than single points and consequently the animation is jerky past that. Is there any way to make a smooth movement of that? Or do I have to start out all over again? I've tried to use Direct Puppet, with very limited success.
PS I'm not condoning cigarette smoking. I'm only trying to create a realistic scene from the mid-1960's, when girls smoked a lot more than they do today. I was there. I remember.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/30792f6e-06d7-4e60-b392-0293.jpg
yancowles
yancowles
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Hi John,
Have you got Auto Extend turned on?
It's one of the icons at the top of the timeline just to the right of the Break icon.
If this is on, iclone should add any new keyframes to the existing clip.
I'm not sure if you'll be able to combine what you've already done retrospectively but I think this should help going forward.
BlueyCreative
BlueyCreative
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Does this help?

Merge Clip function can be used to join together disparate clips of the same track.  
Usage: Pick the adjoining Clips to the left and right and perform Context Menu > Merge Clip.

Bluey Creative in the Marketplace

johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Hi Yancowles, It was off, but when I turned it back on, the solid grey bar appeared as soon as I added keys to the timeline. I must have accidentally turned it off while I clicked on the split icon. Thank you for solving that for me!
johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi JaffaDave. Thanks, I'll try that as soon as I have clips to merge. I scrubbed all the animation for that character and I started over, making sure the Autoextend feature was on, as suggested by Yancowles.

Reading This Topic