Recording in Live Face (iPhone X) Not Working

Posted By Dan Miller 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
It's been awhile since I've recorded in LIVE FACE with iPhone X so maybe I'm just missing a step.

1. Setup a mic directly into the 2i2 preamp and using Audition for the DAW.
2. Setup Project to record in frames.
3. Setup Motion LIVE with the iPhone X and no problems with the connection.
4. Setup strength and saved a strength profile.
5. Previewed to make sure all looked well.
6. Set Audition to record, 15 seconds of silence so I can get a good noise print later.
7. Set Motion LIVE to record, to include Record Audio for Viseme Track, and it said it was recording.
8. Do my performance.
9. Play it back and no movement of the character and it only captured the last few seconds of the audio.
10. Hmm, I repeated the process and the same thing.

Any idea what the problem is? Everything appears to be working and recording but nothing to play back.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 59 minutes ago
That's pretty weird.  The only thing I can think of is you started your record either not at the first frame of the video or perhaps too far down the timeline by mistake.  Make sure you're at frame 1 and try again.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Kelleytoons (4/20/2019)
That's pretty weird.  The only thing I can think of is you started your record either not at the first frame of the video or perhaps too far down the timeline by mistake.  Make sure you're at frame 1 and try again.

Ok, thanks. I will try it again tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I was at frame one but I could have made an error.
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (4/20/2019)

Today I tried it and everything worked fine. I also tried recording from other than frame one and that also worked. I don't know what the issue was but all is well. Thanks.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 59 minutes ago
You can record from other than frame 1, but if you are near the end of the timeline (or where you have set your out point) you either won't record much or anything.  So that's possible it is what happened to you previously.

But in any case it's good that you're working again.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ahh, yep, I see what you mean. Thanks for the help.

Reading This Topic