materials don't work when using LWRP and Convert to game base

Posted By chris.watson.t2 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

materials don't work when using LWRP and Convert to game base

Author
chris.watson.t2
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm having issues with my materials when exporting an fbx to unity and using the LWRP. It works great before I convert it to game base but once I do that I loose my transparency on the eyelashes. If I then change the body material to transparent the eyelashes work but I can see through other parts of the face. What am I missing? I've followed along with the unity tutorials on your site and I'm using the LWRP import script.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi Chris

This is, unfortunately, a limitation of using a single map where the eyelash opacity is merged with the body diffuse map in Unity. 

If you are working on a character that is going to be seen in close-ups, then you will be better using the multi-material option when converting to Game Base. However, if your character is going to be an NPC who is only seen in the background, then you can use the single material option and then set the Alpha Cutoff for the body material to 1 in Unity so the eyelashes won't be seen or just barely visible.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic