Inconsistent behavior in iRay rendering

Posted By Geoffrey James 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Geoffrey James
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Anybody have an idea why this is suddenly happening?1. A preview of the final frame of a long sequence shows the lighting correctly. 2. A sequence render of the same final frame shows the lighting correctly. 3. A full render of the entire sequence render changes the lighting.I have done the long render three times, which has consumed over 24 hours of compute time. Very frustrating.The light in question is a point light. All renders done with the iRay renderer, so this is a difference between iRay renders of the *exact same file* but which produces different results. When I exited iClone, I got this memory error message; I don't know if it's related but it's definitely not a good sign.

Geoffrey James
Intel Core i9-9980XE 18 Cores @ 4.5GHz, 128GB @ 3000MHZ, 2 NVIDIA® TITAN RTX, 512GB SSD, 2TB SSD, 10TB HDD, 1200 Watt PS, Viewsonic 43" 4K. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by Geoffrey James

Reading This Topic