MC for a movie - speaking test

Posted By ultimativity 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
New iClone user. Learning animation in iClone.  This is a basic speaking test with the main character. Animation is simple Perform clip. No facial expressions added. No adjustment of Visemes. The audio seems slightly slower than the video. Hoping there is a way to correct that before render.

Nathan

Edited
5 Years Ago by ultimativity
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Somewhere on this board I talk about the fact you may need to adjust your audio track in your video editing software, but in general it's not hard to move it by the necessary amount (make sure you render to frames, though).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

True, I can scrape the audio track in HitFilm Express and adjust that way. Just happy that I switched to iClone. I find it so much easier for animation than Daz. And proportions and quality seem better than Unity.

Nathan

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

ultimativity (4/17/2019)
New iClone user. Learning animation in iClone.  This is a basic speaking test with the main character. Animation is simple Perform clip. No facial expressions added. No adjustment of Visemes. The audio seems slightly slower than the video. Hoping there is a way to correct that before render.

I fiddled with my last lip sync test for awhile and it only got worse. If you get it dialed in I would be interested to know what you did. I’m still not clear on where the problem is.
ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sure thing. Almost all of the iClone movies I have seen from this forum or on Youtube have some delay between the audio and the visual. It happens in high budget productions too.  I had hoped that the iClone timeline would be sensitive enough to allow dragging the audio track slightly.  However, so far, I can only get it to drag in jumps so large that it throws the audio ahead of the visual.  

In any nonlinear video editor such as Power Director or Hitfilm Express, I can disconnect the audio track from the visual.  The zoom in feature is much more robust and the drag much more sensitive. High end video editors can adjust the alignment automatically.  

Will continue experimenting.

Nathan

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

ultimativity (4/17/2019)
Sure thing. Almost all of the iClone movies I have seen from this forum or on Youtube have some delay between the audio and the visual. It happens in high budget productions too.  I had hoped that the iClone timeline would be sensitive enough to allow dragging the audio track slightly.  However, so far, I can only get it to drag in jumps so large that it throws the audio ahead of the visual.  

In any nonlinear video editor such as Power Director or Hitfilm Express, I can disconnect the audio track from the visual.  The zoom in feature is much more robust and the drag much more sensitive. High end video editors can adjust the alignment automatically.  

Will continue experimenting.

Got it. It would be great to figure out a method that works every time. For me everything ends up in Unity. I would like to make an animated movie with Cinemachine.
ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I enjoyed working in Unity with Cinemachine. Just received an email from Nvidia about their RTX graphics card being used in Unity for real time raytracing. That would be a game changer.

Nathan

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I agree, definitely a game changer. I'm still in the phase of learning what to do with Cinemachine and working out the pipeline. What is your Unity workflow? I would like to use DaVinci Resolve 15 but I see that the free Unity video recorder will not work for that but there are other recorders in the asset store. My thinking currently is CC3 -> iClone 7 -> Unity -> DaVinci Resolve 15 -> Amazon Direct. But I have a quite a bit of testing to do to see if this pipeline will work.

Reading This Topic