Profile Picture

Extreme lag in iclone 7 when applying motions, browsing through library resources props, avatars...

Posted By darksoleil 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Extreme lag in iclone 7 when applying motions, browsing through...

Author
darksoleil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have been a long time user of iclone through the years and I've never experienced the problem that I currently have,  it's driving me insane. Everytime I do anything in iclone 7 , apply an animation to a character, drop a prop from the library to the scene, even browse through motion files...everything has a 5-10 second lag to it. If I click to apply a motion to a character 10-sec lag, if I change the color of the background 10-sec lag, if I change from looking at motion files to prop files 10-sec lag for the folder to load. It is taking me so much longer to complete scenes that would take half as long, I have a capable machine, i7 3930k overclocked to 4.4 ghz, 32 gb ram, 1080 ti, 1tb ssd  for iclone.  I used to own a 980 ti, switched to the 1080 ti and am still experiencing the same problem. Please is there anybody that can help, my wife has stage 4 terminal cancer and the only way I earn a living and support my family is through iclone, 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 52 minutes ago
First of all -- does it occur when you start off with a brand new scene?  If so, update your GPU drivers (or, if they ARE updates, roll back to at least a year ago).

If not, then it's in your particular scene and there are a number of culprits, but the first step is always to turn on Quick Mode and see if it helps.  If it does, then you know it's with the display of certain items (like transparency, glow, GI, a lot of things to try and track down).  If not, or not much, it may be with sub-props (which can bring even my top of the line system with the Titan XP to its knees).  Quick mode will help SOME, but sub-props are going to what sub-props are going to do.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
darksoleil
darksoleil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)

It happens with new scenes and old scenes, even if I don't add anything to a scene...if I simply click on the motion library to show the motions I have indtalled it will lag for 10 secs...same if I click on any other library item. Does compacting your OS have any impact on iclone performance even if iclone is installed on a different drive? That's the only thing I can think of.   I'll try rolling back the graphics driver like you mentioned. Thanks
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 52 minutes ago
It sounds like a driver problem, and it could even be from Window's end (as it sometimes updates internally without your knowledge).  If you know when it was working (like -- was it okay last week?) you can try seeing if anything updated itself and roll back that.

And you can always try reinstalling iClone, but IMX that's not the problem (it's almost surely going to be a GPU driver issue).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
darksoleil
darksoleil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for the help, I will have a look at what updates were installed when it started lagging and roll back the graphics driver and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the quick replies, its very much appreciated.
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I had a similar experience a while ago (but I had to wait 90 seconds between actions!)  At the time I had iClone on my system disk (C:\) and the asset libraries on a different drive.  After I re-installed and moved everything back to the system drive (including the asset libraries) the delay went away.

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Edited
5 Years Ago by gordryd

Reading This Topic