Single iPhone Conversation between 2 characters

Posted By ultimativity 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,

New user here. Thanks for this thread.

I did read some other threads as well as referring to the manual. I saw some posts about the functionality for multiple iPhones, however, I will only have one phone and want to animate (facial expressions) all the characters in the movie using LiveFace. I did also see a post citing difficulty recording a character while another character, who was already animated, was playing.

My question is, can I use LiveFace on a single iPhone to animate all the characters in my movie?

Thanks,
Nathan

Nathan

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Sure you can.  I used my iPhone to do all the characters in the movie I'll link to below.  You most likely want to record each conversation separately, though, just as you would do if you were doing mocap for their bodies, or animating their movements by hand (you don't record everything all at once).  For this movie I had each part recorded separately and then just them all together.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hey, thanks for responding. Loved your video. That's exactly what I am trying to do.  

You mentioned just putting them all together after recording separately.  Will the iclone 6 and 7 animation tutorials cover how you put them together?

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I don't know if I've ever seen iClone tutorials on workflow -- they talk about individual techniques and problems, but putting together a feature is something outside of the scope of what they can offer.

The way to start is to learn each piece -- then you will develop your own workflows, what suits you best.  For me it always starts with the script, and then recording the audio.  With LiveFace that means laying down your audio performances separately (for this particular movie I actually was lip syncing to pre-recorded audio, which is why the sync seems slightly off at times -- I'm not the greatest at lip sync).  Once I've laid down the audio track then I perform the mocap for each character (without body mocap the procedure would be to animate by hand but the principle is the same -- you are animating or performing to the audio track).  But to each their own (this little short only took about a week to do -- longer productions require more thought and work).  The important thing is to do what works well for you.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic