Posted By Kelleytoons 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Dubler Studio -- control midi with your voice in real time

Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 17 minutes ago
Folks,

I figured there might be some of you here interested in this, and as I've already backed it and this is the last 24 hours perhaps some others will want to jump in at the last moment.

I've been pursuing voice-to-midi for many, many decades now, and have never used anything I was really happy with.  The closet I've found is Melodyne (and you have to spend rather large bucks for the version that supports it) and it's not real time, which makes it difficult to really do anything constructive.  I have a ton of musical ideas but my lack of keyboard talents have held me back for a long time, so much so that I just left composing music and went back to animation (for a long time I had the premiere forum on the net about music composition, with even folks like the great Mancini contributing).

In any case, I *think* this product, the Dubler Studio, will do what I want.  As with any new technology, you never really know until it's in your hands, but the demos look fantastic and exactly what I've been searching for.  If any of the rest of you are in the same situation of having the musical ideas but not the ability to play, this might be for you, as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vochlea/dubler-studio-kit-your-voice-the-ultimate-midi-con?ref=project_link

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
midi guitar 2 works pretty good as well
just use a mic instead of a guitar

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Interesting... what composing forum is this? Wouldn’t mind checking it out.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Oh I stopped running that at least a decade or two ago (when Hank was still alive).  Um, "Music Composing Forums"?  MIGHT still be around -- I gave it over to two guys from Canada who were very active with it, but after 20 years even if they are still running it it wouldn't look anything like it did when I was admin (during that time music composition was my number one activity, me having left animation due to the time involved -- it took about a week to render 30 seconds of animation even with our large farms, and I decided life was too short and I had better ways to be creative).

I've used midi 2 guitar but it was pretty crappy.  As with most of these solutions, lag and ability to accurately track pitch are the big problems.  This solution promises to handle both but we'll see.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
diomkal
diomkal
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Tkanks Kellytoons,
i just backed it too! 
Edited
5 Years Ago by diomkal
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Cheers Kellytoons. just backed it, I had imitone but it was a bit tricky to use, probably because of the Mic used and the latency going through the sound card, this should be better as you can set the key. I had one of the original Casio midi guitars way back and still got it but of course, the midi board packed up years ago, I have the Roland Midi pickup and sound module on a guitar as well and the latency is not too bad if you use the Roland synth sounds but the sounds the VST instruments I have today are much better like the Embertone - Friedlander Violin I have
Neal   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, I was beta on imitone and never got it working right -- I *can* get Melodyne to work, but not in real time and it's so much more useful to hear what you are doing.  So I'm hopeful (I'm *always* hopeful -- we'll see).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic