Profile Picture

When we will have support for Sakura8, Aiko Toon and derived characters?

Posted By lollosone 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

When we will have support for Sakura8, Aiko Toon and derived...

Author
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am exporting most of my DAZ figures into CC3, since I work more in CC3 to Unity than DAZ studio to unity at this point.

Although; beside the Genesis figures, most of my other figures do not import.
For example, I was able to get Aiko3 in, using the Victoria3 template; but for example Aiko toon does not import at all.
Same for Sakura8; and all the variants of that figure; even if it is a Genesis8 variant, seems that CC3 does not like it a bit.
Would be nice to see support also for figures made by 3duniverse; which is probably the one that makes the best toon figures for DAZ; but sadly, it is not supported in CC3.
Kelleytoons
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Also, I have no idea why you're having any issues with 3dUniverse toon folks -- they all come in for me without any mods whatsoever.  I've been using them in my videos for a long time now.

If you want to let me know specifically what figure you've having trouble with I'm glad to help.

Here's a video and in it ALL of the characters are 3DUniverse characters I converted from Daz into CC3 without any problems:

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
tripfreak
tripfreak
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Also, I have no idea why you're having any issues with 3dUniverse toon folks

These are two different kind of shoes.

Lollosone probably meant the older stuff from 3DU, like e.g.the first Toon Generations pack or the Fairy Tale Bundle.
You are showing the new stuff, like e.g. the TG2- or TG8-Bundle already based on the Genesis figure:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0979aad6-3c16-4197-83e7-8e02.jpg

The old Toon Boy Sam is not transferable, but the new one is:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d86dab80-6a64-41d5-999c-d586.jpg

But you can easily filter in DAZ for all supported CC3 figures:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/921edbfc-5827-4eb8-a09e-83bc.png

Aiko and her derivatives are also not a problem to me,
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/98f57fc4-cb87-4b44-97fa-176e.jpg

but I wonder, how you were able to get Aiko3 in via the Victoria3 template ?
That's not working for me... Ermm

--------------------------------------------------

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ah, I see -- the older stuff is not based on Genesis and, yes, clearly Character Creator 3 will ONLY do Genesis and Hivewire (as has been stated many, many times).  So -- just use the new stuff (much better anyway).

Because Aiko is based on Victoria (whom I really hate) I haven't tried myself to get Aiko 3 in, but if the OP doesn't answer you I'll give it a shot (maybe tomorrow -- have to see how my day goes.  Too late in the day to try now).  I'd be surprised if it wasn't possible, though.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Thank you so much! I did watch the video and got a clue finally at how to get S8 in CC3.

Regarding the 3duniverse characters, I do own old ones; so that means that there is custom geometry, so not even the V3 profile can help.

For Aiko, I use the V3 profile so that works just fine. When I imported A3, I did get the prompt to pick a figure, in CC3, and the only 2 options were V3 and M3; so I used V3 and it did work fine. The ones that does not work are Belbel; which is a derivative figure from A3 (custom head I believe, the body should be the same, since it uses A3 clothing), and Aiko3 Toon; which is yet another A3 body with a custom toon head. Sadly I can't find any toon character that fit that style, so I am forced to use old stuff (I do mostly Anime/Manga/Disney toon style characters; which CC3 does not seem to be doing at all. I just wish to have the flexibility of Vroid in CC3, but that won't happen; ever).

If there was an easy way to import geometry in CC3, as easy as I can import Miku Miku dance characters in Unity; I would be happier; but CC3 was made with a different workflow in mind; and it is and probably never will be, a one stop character creation for 3d engines; but more of a bridge between the other Reallusion products and 3d Engines at most.
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Mike,

Seems that something broke in CC3 or in the Sakura figure, because now the eyes have a weird backfacing area that can't be modified nor deleted.

I tried your video tutorial steps and it was working just fine; today I re-did Sakura 8 because I deleted all my old presets when I uninstalled CC3, so I needed to import and save S8 again, and it broke.
This is the gist; once imported, I fix the issue with the eyes, so they become visible, but they are still outside the head; so I move them in and this is where it breaks. There is something in the back of the head geometry; which has no name or ID, so I can't delete it or hide it. If I push the eyes too far back; where they should be; this weird geometry (which looks like a tongue or the inside of the mouth BTW), does poke through the eyeballs, and it looks bad.

Do you know if this is due to the S8 figure being modified or because of changes in how CC3 transformer import figures? Thanks!
chrisserketbeta
chrisserketbeta
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am having the same problem about Sakura 8 and Hotaru.
Did you find a solution?
Edited
4 Years Ago by chrisserketbeta
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mike kindly posted some videos to describe the process. Long story short, the eyes are the main issue
chrisserketbeta
chrisserketbeta
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I followed the video above but still can't fix it.

Reading This Topic