Weird crashing on CC

Posted By Delerna 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I don't understand why this is , or what was happening to cause this.
I shall try and explain this as best as I can.
I updated CC recently, at least I think CC was one of the things that got updated not long ago?

I make a lot of my own clothes so I am almost always loading clothes onto characters from the custom folder because that is where clothes we make get loaded to. And everything works fine when I load clothes from the Custom folders.
I downloaded my latest clothes from the store, which get loaded into the template folder. I then loaded one of those clothes onto a character and CC crashed.
I restarted CC and loaded another cloth and CC crashed again. To test whether it was my clothes causing this I tried loading Reallusions clothes onto the character from the Template folder and CC still crashed. I did this many times with many different clothes (that are not mine) and CC just kept crashing. But if I loaded clothes from the Custom folders then CC worked fine....no crash occurred. So I tried loading from the Template folder again and CC kept crashing again.

Now here is something that is really confusing me.
I went into the Template folder and right clicked on it and selected Find File. I then copied one of reallusions clothes that was causing CC to crash and pasted that into the same location in the custom folder. I then loaded that cloth I copied into the custom folder onto the character and CC did not crash. I then removed it from the character and reloaded it again from the Template folder and CC did not crash this time ???????.
So I tried loading a different cloth from Templates and CC crashed again. Restarted CC copied that cloth into Custom and loaded it onto the character and CC did not crash. Loaded it again from Templates and CC did not crash. What...….. I don't get why this is happening?

Finally, I did this with a few items and all of a sudden everything...even mine...are loading from Templates without crashing CC, even with out copying them to the Custom folders.
The problem on mine seems to be gone now.
Has anyone else have this happening?
I'm thinking it might have been a problem in my computer that got fixed by me copying some of the clothes into the Custom folder....somehow????

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

No, I just restarted CC again and tried it again and its crashing again when I load clothes from the templates folders.
But now I can copy the cloth from templates into the customs and I can load it fine from Customs without crashing CC.
But now I cannot load it from templates because if I do it crashes CC. 

I think I might try uninstalling and re-loading CC

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi Delerna

For unusual issues like this one, performing an uninstall and reinstall is the first thing you should try. Uninstalling CC3 won't remove any content so it will be quick to do. 

Hopefully, this will resolve the issue straight away, but if it doesn't, try reinstalling one of the content packs causing problems to see if the content stops crashing after the reinstall. This will help narrow down the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you for your reply Peter. Much appreciated
Point 1. I haven't reinstalled CC yet

I was hoping it wasn't caused by a new content of mine that I downloaded just before I tried doing this so I deleted it from the Others folder in the templates.
I then tried loading the clothes from the templates folder and all those clothes are now loading again fine, at least the 10 or so I tried.
I have spoken to other people who also have that content and they are not having any problems with them
So I re-downloaded the contents and everything is still working fine.

I did have a problem starting CC though before I did all this. It looked to be loading for ages but then just shut down.
While it was loading I checked the task manager and saw a huge CPU usage with system interrupts
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c32f2811-3524-418a-a014-22bd.png
I also noticed google chrome was in the task manager with 24 items in it. While I was waiting for CC to finish loading I tried to run google too but it wouldn't start either even though it was showing up in the task manager. This sort of thing happens to me a lot. If I start CC and then try to start something else...or even if I have something else already open, click CC to start it and then go back to the thing I was reading that I had open then CC doesn't start, it just seems to be loading for a long time and eventually just shuts down. If I load CC and just leave everything alone until it finishes it loads fine, does take a couple of minutes though.
I suspect there is something to do with my computer that causes problems on CC.
I say that because I can run all sorts of programs and have no problems. But when doing it with CC and sometimes with iClone I need to stick with treating them as the only thing I am using, at least as much as possible and especially when the software is loading.

Once upon a time I used to be a big IT worker but these days computers are starting to get beyond me how to investigate what is causing problems.
I do think there is something to do with my computer that is causing the problems that I am having with CC and iClone.
I would say 70% of the time I don't have problems but it does have issues on my computer fairly regular.
I only posted this post because being unable to load the clothes from the templates folder was concerning.
But now it all seems to be working fine now. 
As stated, I think something went wrong in my computer that cause these problems in CC when I downloaded the content the first time.
As stated other people downloaded it with no problem and I redownloaded it again with no problem....….so ?????

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Though I might explain a bit higher detail on how CC was crashing when I loaded the cloths.
But as stated, all clothes are loading fine now so the problem seems to be gone now?

When I loaded the cloth it looked to load onto the character fine. The cloth was there and appeared fine. But CC then seemed to be loading something or working on something for about 2 minutes and then crashed.

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna

Reading This Topic