Profile Picture

Can i sell Daz3d with Zbrush modeled characters as iClone characters ?

Posted By RFilms 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Can i sell Daz3d with Zbrush modeled characters as iClone characters ?...

Author
RFilms
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Just wondering..
Edited
Last Year by RFilms
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Hi you can only sell original geometry that you created 
and if you used  any Daz figure  models as a guide to shape the clothing 
  or the Character morph even that original model  mesh
will be subject to the Daz EULA as they consider it a "derivative work"

If you became a Daz PA people could buy your custom Daz characters from Daz and  use the Transformer 
tool in Iclone CC3 to convert the shapes to Iclone Avatars.
or if you are skilled in Zbrush you could just make custom Characters based on the 
CC3 base figures. 

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
If you make custom characters in Character Creator 3 based off the default CC3 Base mesh, then these can be sold in the Reallusion Marketplace and Content Store only.

However, if your character is a Transformed Daz character then you can't sell it due to the Daz EULA as already mentioned.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

RFilms
RFilms
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Thank you Peter (RL) and AutoDidact
So if i make a character based on CC3 base model (male or female) and create clothes in Zbrush or Marvelous Designer, ONLY THEN i can sell characters in iClone Marketplace ? I am planning to make some Disney like characters and want to sell them. But is it worth the hard work ? Do they really make good money ? Just curious.
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
That mean you  can sell your Morphdata as CC Character and you should not transformed DAZ Character.sell  

If your Design is from you and not from creating using only Morphslider , then it is your work and you can sell . The same with Cloth , only  your design is allowed, it may be  not a derivative mesh.  
But is it worth the hard work ?
I think,Creativity  should a passion and not a pain. The RL User Base is greater than you think .There are more People that use RL product than the few activity member in this forum suggest. 

Do they really make good money ? 
Every people would have it's own defination of good 
For me ... I have so less items in my store , and I'm realy very  lazy to upload all my stuff , but nevertheless nearly every month I get a paying off. It is a nice passive income that I can spend for my Hobby.
My main motivation is not the sell , because I have a nice and good paid job,  but Money is a real true feedback of my work. 

Try it out , if your model and Promo are right you will suprise ! Cool

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
5 Years Ago by vidi
RFilms
RFilms
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you vidi
Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi Peter, isn't Reallusion partners with Unity now? is it possible to sell custom characters fully re sculpted on the asset store?

I'd think that many would not buy CC3 as a character creator if they were only limited to sell on the Reallusion marketplace.
I understand that the marketplace also helps finance Reallusion's endeavors,  catering to the little guy somewhat but there is a greater need  for the small studies/indies to reach as many markets and gain visibility as much as possible to survive.

So overall is there no way to use CC3 to create and sell characters elsewhere? Personally I'd like to have mine on Turbosquid, Unity, artstation etc as well as the Marketplace. Owning the pipeline edition for example should allow creators greater opportunity for selling to multiple markets -a big incentive for people to upgrade. If I had known from the beginning that characters created in CC3 could only be sold on the marketplace I probably wouldn't of bought it and I believe its not specified on the store that characters created with CC3 can only be sold on the Reallusion marketplace or content store.

I guess an alternative way to be able to sell CC3 originated Characters elsewhere is that once you decimate it, the topology is no longer the same and perhaps if the bone structure has been converted to Maya or other etc Anyone want to chime in here?

iClone suite and plugins has a big price just to have full functionality without creative limits, the price of such would be justifiable
if it included a license for all markets since the price is considerably the same as Maya, Max, C4D etc for creating characters.

Lastly it might be worth it to Reallusion if the DMR were somehow able to be tracked through all games, other animation suites to see how far Reallusion products expand across the internet and in turn markets iClone/CC3.

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Edited
5 Years Ago by Ascensi
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I would advise you to avoid Disney inspired characters like the plague, they are very very protective of their intellectual property, even parody videos are not immune, tread carefully They are known for their proactive litigation.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Ascensi (10/23/2019)
Hi Peter, isn't Reallusion partners with Unity now? is it possible to sell custom characters fully re sculpted on the asset store?

I'd think that many would not buy CC3 as a character creator if they were only limited to sell on the Reallusion marketplace.
I understand that the marketplace also helps finance Reallusion's endeavors,  catering to the little guy somewhat but there is a greater need  for the small studies/indies to reach as many markets and gain visibility as much as possible to survive.

So overall is there no way to use CC3 to create and sell characters elsewhere? Personally I'd like to have mine on Turbosquid, Unity, artstation etc as well as the Marketplace. Owning the pipeline edition for example should allow creators greater opportunity for selling to multiple markets -a big incentive for people to upgrade. If I had known from the beginning that characters created in CC3 could only be sold on the marketplace I probably wouldn't of bought it and I believe its not specified on the store that characters created with CC3 can only be sold on the Reallusion marketplace or content store.

I guess an alternative way to be able to sell CC3 originated Characters elsewhere is that once you decimate it, the topology is no longer the same and perhaps if the bone structure has been converted to Maya or other etc Anyone want to chime in here?

iClone suite and plugins has a big price just to have full functionality without creative limits, the price of such would be justifiable
if it included a license for all markets since the price is considerably the same as Maya, Max, C4D etc for creating characters.

Lastly it might be worth it to Reallusion if the DMR were somehow able to be tracked through all games, other animation suites to see how far Reallusion products expand across the internet and in turn markets iClone/CC3.

Hi...

As mentioned previously you may only sell characters created from the CC base meshes in the Reallusion Content Store or Marketplace. This also applies to CC models that have been decimated or modified in other software. If you wish to sell characters or content in other stores then you need to build them from scratch in 3D modelling software. If you do this the character is 100% yours and may sell it anywhere you wish.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thanks Peter! one last question is there any way I could import a custom model that is built from scratch into CC3?
Maybe the asset MakeHuman? maybe I should of just used that instead of using CC3 working with Zbrush since it's open source.

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Edited
5 Years Ago by Ascensi

Reading This Topic