Profile Picture

Can i sell Daz3d with Zbrush modeled characters as iClone characters ?

Posted By RFilms 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Can i sell Daz3d with Zbrush modeled characters as iClone characters ?...

Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Ascensi (10/24/2019)
Thanks Peter! one last question is there any way I could import a custom model that is built from scratch into CC3?
Maybe the asset MakeHuman? maybe I should of just used that instead of using CC3 working with Zbrush since it's open source.

If the character is custom such as those from MakeHuman then you can't bring these into CC3 because they won't have the correct bone and mesh structure. However for iClone you could import the character with 3DXchange 7 Pro/Pipeline and then convert it to a non-standard iClone character.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Thanks Peter! one last question is there any way I could import a custom model that is built from scratch into CC3Maybe the asset MakeHuman?

From scratch means starting from first polygon or start sculpting from a sphere.
To use make human , is modification. 

even start from scratch and project the shape in the CC Character, is not  the permission to sell, because the topology is not yours,  only the morphdata, in this case. Therfore you can only sell on RL Marketplace, for all other placed you would need to share the RL topology, as well .
but this is prohibited

But is your Charater ,cloth or dress made of your mesh ,it is 100% your own and can sell all over. in short a CC Character can never be 100% your own

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Neole F
Neole F
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (582 reputation)Veteran Member (582 reputation)Veteran Member (582 reputation)Veteran Member (582 reputation)Veteran Member (582 reputation)Veteran Member (582 reputation)Veteran Member (582 reputation)Veteran Member (582 reputation)Veteran Member (582 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

The characters look really good! Are these for sale anywhere, the Daz versions? We can always convert them in CC3 for use in iClone ourselves.

Neole
Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thanks vidi although I see on their page marketing for games that it could be sold on other markets but the developer must obtain a legal certificate and that I'd have to make the request with marketing. 

It states this at the very bottom of the page under "mass distribution rights"  - Only authorized resellers who have a legal certificate provided exclusively by Reallusion, are allowing to sell Reallusion format files outside of the Reallusion website domain.
https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/game.html
Peter might want to look into this as well.

I may just get Wrap 3 and copy my textures, sculpted morphs etc on a new custom model with new uvs etc or copy over to MakeHuman if it works well enough then set things up in 3Dxchange. Unfortunately It wont be credited "made with Reallusion's Character Creator"  at that point since it would be remade with and into other tools. It's a bit of a process and I wish I didn't have to do extra work.

Make Human would not be modification of CC3 asset if you used MakeHuman topology, it's own rig and UVs -this is what I meant to say.

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Edited
5 Years Ago by Ascensi
Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

About the bone structure, I could remove/refine the bones to match DAZ/CC3 in Akeytsu and the mesh structure, quads and split up the model the same. 
It's doesn't sound like the vertices have to match but be very close since Daz and Pozer are likely different vert count than native CC3 characters. Anyway I could give it a  try. If it works then it would open up the door for more CC3 owners because I've been reading a ton online about about other professionals "staying clear" of buying CC3 because of restrictions selling their CC3 creations on other markets. I think if Daz and Poser are excepted formats and it's not about an exclusive partnership with them then I hope Reallusion adds what steps is necessary to make our custom rigs work with CC3.

Another question though.. if I create the correct bone and mesh structure, order and naming scheme.. would my mesh be converted into a CC3 mesh & UVs or does it stay the same? Thanks again for your help.

Store Page Link 
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Edited
5 Years Ago by Ascensi
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

I try again to explain,  ,no matter what you changed, It would not work, because if it is not the Orginal mesh and bonestructure anymore and so it is not a CC Character , therefore not compatible with the Character Creator .

The only thing that works  is made morphtargets  , Even a DAZ Transform is only a retopo from DAZ mesh to CC Mesh and not an importing that Orginal mesh from DAZ .
.Therefore it is the button labeled transformer and not importer. 

To sell a Charater mesh, or sell Character as morphdata are two diffent things .That one is forbiden that other is alowed.

liebe Grüße vidi

vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

see on their page marketing for games that it could be sold on other markets but the developer must obtain a legal certificate and that I'd have to make the request with marketing. 

it meens the Game not the Character 

liebe Grüße vidi

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Ascensi (10/29/2019)

I see on their page marketing for games that it could be sold on other markets but the developer must obtain a legal certificate and that I'd have to make the request with marketing.

It states this at the very bottom of the page under "mass distribution rights"  - Only authorized resellers who have a legal certificate provided exclusively by Reallusion, are allowing to sell Reallusion format files outside of the Reallusion website domain.
https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/game.html
Peter might want to look into this as well.

There is a difference between selling a game and selling custom characters in 3D formats like FBX. You can sell games that use Character Creator avatars in outside stores providing there is no way for the end user to access or extract the character files themselves.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The only features I'd really need from Character creator is pose, goz, mesh edit and editing contact points. 
But I understand what you mean about transformer transferring over to the other topology. Thanks again.

@Peter that last last section was a bit confusing "You can only sell Reallusion derivative content and/or Reallusion proprietary format files inside the Reallusion Content Store and Marketplace. Only authorized resellers who have a legal certificate provided exclusively by Reallusion, are allowing to sell Reallusion format files outside of the Reallusion website domain."
Since that line was on the topic of selling "content" on a store then went into saying only authorized resellers who have a legal certificate provided exclusively by Reallusion are allowing to sell Reallusion format files outside of the website domain.  It basically states no you can't but then states yes you can with permission..  Reallusion might want to have that written differently. It seems left open to interpretation - sell in games, other market places as content etc

Store Page Link 

Edited
5 Years Ago by Ascensi
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 51 minutes ago
The quick answer is "No".

The long answer can be found in the DAZ EULA.
https://www.daz3d.com/eula

The Transformer is really only for personal use.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Rampa

Reading This Topic