Profile Picture

Failed to connect to Live Face

Posted By elleclouds 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
elleclouds
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have the iphone x connected to same wifi and this is all I am receiving.  I am have looked through all the tutorials to no avail.  I am on the trial version and this would be nice to get working before it expires to see if I'd like to invest.
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Just to make sure: you need an iPhone XS or an iPhone XR, which is different from an iPhone X. The X is an earlier generation and doesn't have the necessary features.

EDIT: So that turns out not to be the case. See comments below. I'm not an Apple person, so much is clear...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by animagic
n.huebner_158245
n.huebner_158245
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)

Thats not correct. Reallusion Productsite and Apple Appstore state that Iphone X, XS and XR are supported.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The iPhone X works just fine (it was the first model to support Live Face and continues to work great).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
n.huebner_158245
n.huebner_158245
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)

im stuck here,
i stumbled over this forum while looking for a solution to get MotionLIVE Plugins LIVEFACE and LEAPMotion to work.
i installed on 4 different Machines, updated every thing to newest Version, installed reinstalled with and without Reallusion Hub,
with admin rights and whatever... i read the Manual 4-5 times on how to setup LIVEFACE and whatnot... 
Its always the same result: When i try to Add a Gear on Face or Hand LIVEFACE and LEAPMOTION show up but when i click the tabs,
they disappear and NOTHING Happens. Im running then App on the Iphone X i tried Wifi Hotspot and USB and Machine and LIVEFACE have
correct IP... i started to investigate further and found the Console Log under Scripts tab. Whenever in click the LIVEFACE and LEAPMOTION
Buttons after adding gear they disappear AND the Console Log prints something about AttributeErrors. This cant be a coincidence on 4 different
machines... im running the german Version of iClone 7. Im in the middle of a production, having a character and cant do facial and finger animation.
I contacted german support 2 weeks ago, and they need 3 days to respond that i should read the manuals and update software and run the app on the iphone.
they keep telling me this even after i clearly described whats going on. its ridiculous. I found iClone to be a real production Weapon but Support for
MotionLIVE is a joke. To everyone with the same issues, check the Console Log under Scripts Tab. 

In my case it prints this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Program Files/Reallusion/iClone 7/Bin64/OpenPlugin/MotionLIVE\motionlivekit.py", line 68, in add_device_to_list
return motion_live_device_module.add_device_to_list(device_group, qml_module_name, device_name, device_id)
  File "motionlive.py", line 493, in motionlive.MotionLiveDeviceModule.add_device_to_list
  File "liveface.py", line 154, in liveface.LiveFace.__init__
  File "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64\RLPy.py", line 13886, in <lambda>   
__getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, RTcpClient, name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64\RLPy.py", line 80, in _swig_getattr
raise AttributeError("'%s' object has no attribute '%s'" % (class_type.__name__, name))
AttributeError
'RTcpClient' object has no attribute 'RegisterNetworkCallback'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Program Files/Reallusion/iClone 7/Bin64/OpenPlugin/MotionLIVE\motionlivekit.py", line 68, in add_device_to_list
return motion_live_device_module.add_device_to_list(device_group, qml_module_name, device_name, device_id)
  File "motionlive.py", line 493, in motionlive.MotionLiveDeviceModule.add_device_to_list
  File "liveface.py", line 154, in liveface.LiveFace.__init__
  File "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64\RLPy.py", line 13886, in <lambda>
__getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, RTcpClient, name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64\RLPy.py", line 80, in _swig_getattr

raise AttributeError("'%s' object has no attribute '%s'" % (class_type.__name__, name))
AttributeError
'RTcpClient' object has no attribute 'RegisterNetworkCallback'

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hmmm, the fact you're running a German version *does* complicate things a bit.  Perhaps your support can let you try the English language version (which clearly works) or even the Python Beta version (which I *thought* was available for anyone with a legitimate copy of iClone 7 to download -- the link isn't hidden AFAIK but available in the Python side of this forum).

The fact you can't get Leap to work is especially troubling -- if it were *just* Live Face I'd suspect a graphics card (although it never hurts to ask -- of those 4 machines, did any one of them have at least a GFX 1070 or higher card?  I would not try Motion Live without such a card).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic