CrazyTalk 8 to CC 3 Why 2

Posted By tedstrickler 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tedstrickler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I just upgraded to CrazyTalk 8.13.3615.1. I also upgraded Character Creator to version 3.04 and upgraded iClone to 7.4. The hub says all products are updated. I'm on Windows 7.
I created a head from a picture in CrazyTalk and exported the head to Character Creator but instead of exporting to my latest version the head went to Version 2 of Character Creator instead of version 3. Why did it go to version 2?  Is there something else for me to do to correct it?

A separarte qustion is the eyebrows were terribly distorted. Instead of the normal crescent shape they were evil looking Z shaped. Why, please?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8ac224a9-2e37-4d64-8c5f-0d66.jpg
tedstrickler
tedstrickler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

I tried to edit my post but couldn't figure how to finish after I finished. Anyway, My version of CrazyTalk 8 includes Pipeline.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 11 hours ago
Hi Ted

The "Send Head to Character Creator" option in CT8 doesn't work with Character Creator 3 because the CT8 heads are not compatible with CC3 Base characters.

However, you can still use CT8 Heads in Character Creator 3 by exporting them as an .RLHead and applying the head to a CC1 Base character from the folder shown in the image below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b79f7d02-7a2b-4099-9e6f-e216.png

For the eyebrow issue, you may have not got the fitting points set right in CT8 originally. Please also take a look at the page below which gives good tips on how to get your CT8 Heads over to CC and retain the likeness. This may also help for the eyebrow issue if you are currently using a CC character that has morphs already applied.

https://forum.reallusion.com/264594/How-to-get-a-exact-likeness-when-bringing-CT-8-head-into-CC

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

tedstrickler
tedstrickler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you Peter, I'll be giving that a try. The character i'm trying to create is black and the base male in CC1 is white. I hope that will adjust out ok. I'm still trying to learn this stuff.
The Z looking eyebrows, I'll redo it but I already did 3or 4 times and they look perfect in CT8.
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
When applying the head in CC it will use the skin texture of the head and create a compatible skin texture for the body. Just select head and body as option for the texture import when prompted.

As Peter said you need to apply the head to a CC1 character, but this can then be converted into a CC3 character in Character Creator.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

tedstrickler
tedstrickler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you. I did manage to get a successful import but I had to use Character Creator version 1. Why CC3 won't work is beyond me. Now i need to get some clothes from the store and am not sure what version of clothes I will need. Everything is so fussy to work and it would seem to me that it would be backward compatible with up to date programs. I get confused real easy. Oh, ya, I still need to give him some hair. I bought the DreadlockNLong couple days ago but had trouble with the download so still waiting to hear back from the creator to see if I can download again without having to pay again. I'm making this for my grandson who likes to dance swirl his dreadlocks around so hopefully it will work. Hey, thanks for your help guys.
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
There seems to be a bug, because CC3 crashed when I tried to apply an RLHead to a CC1 character.

I selected a CC1 female (no PBR) and dragged a female RLHead onto it, which resulted in a crash.

OK, I tried again following the instructions in this KB article: https://kb.reallusion.com/Product/52719/Is-Character-Creator-3-still-supporting-CrazyTalk-8-RLHead.

This time I was successful. Apparently, you need to use the specific CC1 character referenced in the article (CC1_Base_Female or CC1_Base_Male) for things to work.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by animagic
tedstrickler
tedstrickler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Would you please clear something up for me? When you and Peter refer to a “CC1” character, does that mean a character that was created in the first release of Character Creater which would be Character Creater 1? I ask because in Character Creator 3 there is a base male that is labeled as
“CC1” and that was the one I used, thinking that it was the one Peter suggested but it failed miserably.
I actually had to open the Character Creator 1 program and use that man to import to. That worked after the “reset”. The male figure has body hair and I am building a black 13 year old boy so i actually used the female version. Also, because he is a dancer, i need clothing that will flow nicely with the dance moves. With all these “compatibility” problems, and my inexperience, I’m concerned about which clothing will work. I suppose the Try before you buy will something I do.
Hey, thank you for spending time to help me, I do appreciate it.
Ted
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 11 hours ago
Hi Ted

There are two suitable CC1 characters included in Character Creator 3 that can be used. I showed where to find them in CC3 in my previous reply.

To find them in your CC3 Content Manager, select Project > Character > Base > CC1 Base_Substance

You can then load either the male or female character and these are fully compatible with the 3D Heads from CrazyTalk 8.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

tedstrickler
tedstrickler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter, this is what I got when I tried to import into CC3 using a base character which was reset. I did, however successfully import it into CC2.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/89e77ad6-84ba-4654-899a-bbe6.jpg

Reading This Topic