Profile Picture

creating multiple body part sprites from one image

Posted By bertiectozer 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bertiectozer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello 
I really need some help please, I have been trying to do an animation for a few months now and getting nowhere.
The biggest problem I have is splitting up a single image into multiple body part sprites so that I can animate each body part.
I do not have photoshop, I tried downloading the PSD templates but they do not work in Gimp.
I have searched google and Youtube and Udemy for a way to cut up a single image to create body part sprites but I have not been able to find anything.
I have a lot of static png images that I would like to use to create some animations but have found it impossible to create any body part sprites for any of the png images I have.
Please does anyone have any idea how I can create body part sprites for a single character image.
Thank you.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
The process is quite simple as long as you have experience of using image editing software. Gimp will be fine but you need to understand how to use the tools to cut out parts of an image and how to work with layers. If you are new to using image editors then spend some time with the basic tutorials that can be found on YouTube. The subjects to look for are background removal, layers and working with the selection tools.

Once you have a good understanding of how to work with layers you will only need to remove the background of your source image and then cut out each body part and save it as a separate layer as shown below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/85cebdeb-c317-4e4b-9073-2189.png

Then when you have all the body parts ready you can follow the tutorial below if you are not able to use the PSD Templates. This allows you to change body part sprites in CTA3 itself.

https://youtu.be/kN-mKg5KlmM

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic