Profile Picture

Short Clip-- Death Refuge---The Immortal Gordon Blake Upcoming.

Posted By pedrosura 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Short Clip-- Death Refuge---The Immortal Gordon Blake Upcoming.

Author
pedrosura
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Folks,

Here is a little clip of a Sci-fi movie I am working on. It is a Space Western. The Space cowboy is a retired Bounty hunter named Gordon Blake. In this scene, a female bounty hunter inspects a battle zone and the after math of a fight between gordon and a armed militia. 

Edited
5 Years Ago by pedrosura
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Nice Wink

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

james_muia
james_muia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I like the look of the film and the lighting! Definitely fits the sci fi feel.

I'm not sure why everyone always has naked females in their films equipped with skimpy outfits. Maybe it makes sense in your film, but its hard to take things seriously when male or female characters are objectified using 'fantasy' clothing instead of real clothing.

If the clothing fits the genre, that's one thing. But you would think that a bounty hunter would want clothing and armor to protect themselves - not chase after someone half naked.

If you want things to be believable, you have to scrap the fantasy armor tropes. Just my two cents.

IMDB: James Muia
Aviticus Dragon on YouTube

Computer Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-7820X Processor (8x 4.30GHz/11MB L3 Cache)
Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm
Liquid CPU CoolerASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming Motherboard
32 GB DDR4-3200 GSKILL Ripjaws V Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - 11GB - EVGA FTW3

pedrosura
pedrosura
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Thank you for your comment.!!! Hey, I grew up reading scifi and fantasy novels.  I was also influenced by Flash Gordon growing up.  In a future with this type of technology, genetic engineering would become the norm while plastic surgery and body enhancement would be a totally barbaric and primitive thing. Religion and and our modern sense of body shame would be totally obsolete in this future.
In our current society people obsess about being over weight, women inject their lips, operate on their breasts and sometimes their butts. Men do not for the most part engage in plastic surgery but if their was a way of people genetically engineering super children they would. So, I my opinion, it would be silly to have a future with our same random chance of body types and our same attitude about sex. 
There is usually a mean looking bad guy, rough looking that is a bounty hunter, but what if it was a naked alien woman with tattoos? Wonder Woman came out in the 1940s with a skimpy swimsuit (body armor??) A modern wonder woman would probably be naked. Superman, Batman Speedos?? 
My choices fit what I am making. Of course, this may be very different for what people expect or desire. This is mostly a community of people that want to make stuff. They can go then, and create whatever suits them...
BTW, I just enjoy myself making the movie that I want to make. My goal is that it really is the best movie that I can make. Believable?? No way. This is a Western set in Space with content that includes my fears, fantasies and experiences. If people end up finding it unrealistic and/or offensive there is always something else to watch. 
james_muia
james_muia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am not offended in the slightest about seeing naked women. Everyone is free to create the films they desire, and more power to you!

Although I was just offering my opinion from a film perspective, and an audience perspective. If I were to watch your film, it would be hard for me to take the character seriously as a 'bounty hunter' based on their current look. The face looks amazing, and scary, but then when the camera pans out and I see them naked, the sense of badass goes away for that character. 

Good luck on the film, still looking forward to checking it out!

IMDB: James Muia
Aviticus Dragon on YouTube

Computer Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-7820X Processor (8x 4.30GHz/11MB L3 Cache)
Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm
Liquid CPU CoolerASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming Motherboard
32 GB DDR4-3200 GSKILL Ripjaws V Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - 11GB - EVGA FTW3

pedrosura
pedrosura
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Absotutely, I totally understand where you are coming from..
This character is just hinted in this episode for a future appearance to transition from a fight scene. She is sort of the evil bounty hunter indian in a Western flick. Her being naked is a choice of course.. I think it fits her character. The tattoos are her outfit. But hey, who knows. I have the freedom of not caring if the movie is going to be well received or
Make any money. 100% free. Lol
I just want to create the best thing I can and I hope you watch when it comes out..
More of a learning journey than anything else.. The only way of learning this and becoming better is by making a film. Period. No substitute. I am sure you know that.
Cheers.

Reading This Topic