Profile Picture

Import SWF character scatters parts

Posted By johnson03055 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnson03055
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I am new at this. When I try to create a new character and import the swf file the character sprites are all out of position. 
I am using CrazyTalk Animator 3 and Drawplus.X8.

I tried to open the Error log with Alt T but it says that it cannot open the log file
I then tried just importing the Unadulterated DUMMY File by opening it in Drawplus then immediately exporting it as an SWF and then going to CTA and importing the SWF. Even here some of the characters parts are not in the right positions and again the error file cannot be opened.
Any ideas what might be going on. Picture of the Dummy file imported is attached

CTA 3.31 on Windows 10.

Thank you,

Carl
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd3640e2-6907-4e6e-a803-5adb.png
johnson03055
johnson03055
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)

So after ALOT of reading I have given up on Drawplus. It seems X8 cannot be used. I also got a subscription to Adobe Animate and redrew my character with it. 
Then converted all the parts to symbols and copied them into the Flash Dummy Template from the Reallusion site. I aligned all the pivot points.

Then I exported as an swf movie. I do get a message from Animate as follows:  Warning: Library path "$(AppConfig)/ActionScript 3.0/libs/11.0/textLayout.swc" does not resolve to a valid file.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fe27cc0d-f81f-42fc-92e3-20ca.png
Then I imported into CTA using the G2 Dummy character.
However, some parts are not displaying correctly. As can be seen in the attached screen shot. 
1) The left foot is partial
2) The left arm, forearm are incomplete
3) The right arm is showing details that are not seen in Animator
4) There is a Shank bone??? that is left over from the dummy template. This is not the leg but seems to be some thing to do with the base pivot points. If it is deleted then the Character gets errors.

I am using Crazytalk 3.31 on Windows 10 and Adobe Animate ver 19.2 the latest as of today.

The left side parts that are not showing correctly are the same parts as the right side parts. But in Animate I copied the parts and flipped them horizontally. So they are exact copies of the right side parts just flipped. I don't understand why they are displaying differently.

Any help understanding what is happening is appreciated. Because I have spent days on this and watched all the videos I could find. Some of them multiple times.

Carl
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a21c767e-3d8a-4efb-b610-dc35.png
Save the spaceman
Save the spaceman
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello Carl
I had the exact same situation with Drawplus 8 and posted on the forum.
I managed to get Drawplus 6 and have had no problems with creating G2 characters.
Apparently it's which version of
Dp8 you have.  
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I you have DPx8 V14.0.0.19 then it should work with no problems but if you installed or upgraded to DPx8 version 14.0.1.21 then there is a bug in the SWF export that causes the import into CTA to fail.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

johnson03055
johnson03055
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thankyou for the info. Indeed I have 14.0.1.21. of DP X8. 

I need to try and find an earlier version I guess.

I did buy Adobe Animate though I would prefer to end that subscription as I find the program to be not so intuitive to use and it is expensive. 
But I am still having problems with the import. I am sure I am missing something but have not figured our what I am doing wrong....yet. 
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
johnson03055 (4/7/2019)

Then I imported into CTA using the G2 Dummy character.
However, some parts are not displaying correctly. As can be seen in the attached screen shot. 
1) The left foot is partial
2) The left arm, forearm are incomplete
3) The right arm is showing details that are not seen in Animator
4) There is a Shank bone??? that is left over from the dummy template. This is not the leg but seems to be some thing to do with the base pivot points. If it is deleted then the Character gets errors.
The left side parts that are not showing correctly are the same parts as the right side parts. But in Animate I copied the parts and flipped them horizontally. So they are exact copies of the right side parts just flipped. I don't understand why they are displaying differently.

Any help understanding what is happening is appreciated. Because I have spent days on this and watched all the videos I could find. Some of them multiple times.

Issues like that usually tend to be a naming issue. You have to use the CTA naming convention, not make up your own names.
Check that the sprite names are correct and that there are no spaces in the name (underscores are used instead of spaces).

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

johnson03055
johnson03055
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Jeff,
Thankyou  I did check that and the names are correct. 

I am sure there is some small thing I am missing but cannot find. I could really use a reference to a good video about using Adobe Animate for designing G2 characters. I feel I do not have a good understanding of "symbols" in flash.

Thanks again for the tip.

Carl

johnson03055
johnson03055
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

The people at Serif were kind enough to send me version  V14.0.0.19 I will give it a try and see how it goes. I really hope it works out so I can stay with the Serif products.

Thanks for the info

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
If you send in your FLA id be happy to take a look at it. most likely you just have an incorrect names symbol, or duplicate symbol somewhere.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
johnson03055
johnson03055
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Ibis,

Thank you for the offer to take a look. I think I need to slow down and learn some more simple workflows with G3 characters before attempting G2 characters. I did not realize how much work goes into creating a character. So I am working with G3 characters and creating moving eyes etc. Once I learn G3 and feel I have a solid understanding of how to use CTA, Affinity Designer to create characters I will go back to trying G2 characters. 

There really is a lot to learn to create and import a good character. So I will take it step by step. 
By the way I enjoy your videos! Lots to learn!

Carl

Reading This Topic