Profile Picture

CTA3 Multiangle editor help requested

Posted By fredjonze 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
fredjonze
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
For learning mode I've taken a G1 character (medieval character) and converted it to G2 using the Modify>Turn to multiangle command.
Based upon the video tutorials and the manual, I expected that I could rotate to each perspective angle ( 0, 45, -270, etc) and replace an individual angle sprite with a different one for that angle. However, when I do that it changes the sprite for all the angles. I've tried removing all the sprites for a particular bone and starting from scratch, but I still find that a change of one angle sprite changes all angle sprites. Also, when I change the angle, select a sprite and go into the sprite editor, the angle shown on the sprite editor doesn't reflect the angle from the angle tool. 
So, sorta frustrated cause i don't yet get the interface operation. It's like the converted character only has one angle.
Hoping someone can provide some insight.
Thx!
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 32 minutes ago
There are two (2) different Replace Sprite functions.
One replaces the sprite for all angles (Ctrl+R) and one replaces only the current angle sprite (Ctrl+Shift+R).

The angle in the sprite editor is just a name and can be change to anything you want.
If you copied a sprite that was named "Angle 90" to all the other sprites for that angle then they will all be named "Angle 90".

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

fredjonze
fredjonze
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)

Jeff,
Thanks for the reply. I've been using the 'replace for current angle' option.
Steps I tried
1. open the G1 in composer
2. Modify > turn to multiangle character
3. Angle selector set to 0
4. Double click left foot to open sprite editor
5. Change angle selector to 315
6. Select replace current angle
7. Select external .png of right foot
8. Change multiangle selector to any other angle...and the left foot has been replaced by the right foot for all angles
I've done the same in Validate multiangle with the same results.
It's driving me nuts as these steps are what I've observed in the tutorials... there's got to be something very simple I'm missing in set up or other.
Any other advice?

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 32 minutes ago
I tried what you outlined and indeed I had the same results.
But, as I continued on and started replacing the individual sprites for each angle each replacement did not replace all the angles, just the one.
What I'm thinking is that the first sprite replacement replaced them all but after that it works correctly as you replace each sprite.

But why not start with a G2 character which is fully formed?
Seem like it would be more work to start with G1 and convert it than start with a G2.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

fredjonze
fredjonze
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Jeff,
I ended up doing what you found, only I started with a G3 dummy side and working through that. I exported the parts out to Affinity photo, created slices of each body part for re-import to G3. Had to make a few tweaks for perspective.
Thanks for validating what you found, at least I'm not going too crazy.
Things seem to be working better with G3 now.
Thanks!
Jim

Reading This Topic