Profile Picture

Problem importing .iAvatar file into CC3

Posted By wiverson 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wiverson
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi!
First, apologies for the newbie Q, I checked the manual & FAQ first.  :\
I bought some assets from the store, and I'm having trouble getting them to work with CC3.  I dropped the .iAvatar file onto my CC3 project, and CC3 asks me if I want to Load Avatar or Replace Costume.  I then get an error message that No standard/non-standard character is picked.  I click OK, and then the creature appears nicely in CC3 behind the dialog boxes, complete with Actor & Actor parts in the Modify panel.  I then get an error message "Failed to load the file. Character Creator supports CC character only."  My creature then disappears and I go back to the default new project.
Character Creator 3 lists .iAvatar files directly in the File -> Import menu as a supported file type.  I have tried several files and get the same message.
I'm on CC3 3.04.1442.1, 32GB RAM, 1080 Ti, Windows 10.
Am I missing something?
Thanks!
-Will

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Will,
You can only load iAvatare into the CC 3 created with CC
It does not matter bon CC 1, 2 or 3.
That means you have created an avatar in CC 3 (or 1/2), or bought a CC 3 (or 1/2) avatar and exprotected from CC to IClone. He becomes the CC avatar (* .ccAvatar) to an IC avatar (* .iAvatar).
You can import these iAvatars back to CC at any time and edit them there.

Not after CC 3 (or CC 1/2) you can import iAvatars from Iclone to CC which are from IClone models G 2 - G 6 rows.
They are not compatible with CC.

If you buy avatars from the Contenshop or the market place you have to read what these are meant for.
It stands whether CC-compatible or not.

I hope I could explain it reasonably understandable, because engilsch is not my native language and therefore I had to rely on Googel translation.

Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9e09d249-97ef-4257-bb3e-d234.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
wiverson
wiverson
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)Senior Member (288 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Ich verstehe. Vielen danke!
Smile

Reading This Topic