Profile Picture

How do I uninstall the Python Path I installed earlier this month?

Posted By Data Juggler 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How do I uninstall the Python Path I installed earlier this month?

Author
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
A few weeks ago I tried using Python to use Kellytoons Python Script using Papagayo. He informed I had to update IClone for the Development Patch (I misspelled the Title of this post and can't edit it), so I did.

I never was able to get it to work, and I haven't had time to play with Python to learn it, so I would like to restore back to the base IClone as I have encountered a few crashes that could be Python related.

Do I have to wait for the next IClone update, or is there a way to uninstall just the patch? I didn't see it in Programs and Features.

Or can I install my latest 7.41.2525 patch over the Python version? Or maybe someone knows when the next IClone update release date is?

Thanks,

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Edited
5 Years Ago by Data Juggler
wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
There is no iClone version available now without Python support included. With the release of version 7.4.2419.1 in Dec. 2018, Python support is now an integral part of iClone and can't be removed/uninstalled.

You fail to mention just what is leading you to the conclusion that Python is somehow responsible for your iClone crashes, perhaps someone could assist you in some way if they had more details of the issues.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

You misunderstood my question, and I am sure it is because I phrased it wrong.

I installed the Python Development Version. I would prefer to get back on the regular IClone Release Version.

Is it possible to do that? 

Thank you for your reply.

PixelDatabase.Net

wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Data Juggler (3/31/2019)
You misunderstood my question, and I am sure it is because I phrased it wrong.

I installed the Python Development Version. I would prefer to get back on the regular IClone Release Version.

Is it possible to do that? 

Thank you for your reply.

Any chance that you could provide a link to the "Python Development Version" and any and all documentation regarding it? Could you provide the release version details - number?

According to the version information on this page there is no such version available.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The page was shown to me by Kellytoons in this forum:

https://forum.reallusion.com/399188/Basic-Samples-Request-Thread-iClone-Developer-Edition 

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Rampa
This post has been flagged as an answer
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Just un-install it.

Then download the current version from your account, and install that.
wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It would appear that the version that you downloaded is newer than 7.41.2525.1. If this is the case then you could try running the patch, but it may be that it won't install over a newer version thus leaving you with only the option of doing a complete uninstall/install of iClone.

This sentence "This version only for Python Development that contains functions that may not behave properly. There are potential risks to using this software beyond its intended purposes. By continuing to use this software, you are fully aware of the potential risks and agree to take responsibility." in the post that you linked to at least warns of any and all possible dangers and hints that the only way to solve any issues would be to first uninstall the software before going any further.

It could also be possible that any work saved using the Dev. version will not open or be usable in the latest public release version.

The joys of testing. w00t

I see that Rampa explained the situation in a lot less words than I did. LaughSmile

Gerry

Edited
5 Years Ago by wires
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you all for your replies. I fell asleep at 5 AM my local time and just now was able to respond.
I do have a couple of questions before I decide if I will do the uninstall or not?
Will I have to reinstall all my content if I uninstall / reinstall? 
And what about Custom Props I have saved into IClone?
If either of the above would be lost than I will just wait until the next IClone release is newer than this version.

Thanks again.

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
5 Years Ago by Data Juggler
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You won't lose content in any case.

However -- I do not think you are experiencing any issues due to the Python version.  It's a warning mostly against the untried (and possibly crash worthy) APIs of Python, not in anything else of iClone.  IOW, nothing else of iClone is being touched.  I use the Python versions exclusively and experience no problems at all (and I do things that most folks don't even try -- if ANYONE was to have an issue, it would be me).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I had a few crashes while using it, but this could have happened in IClone.

This program works amazing; I finally taught myself to slow down in between selected items or tools, etc. just to give my computer a few seconds to finish what it was doing before I tell it to start doing something else.

This post can be closed, I will give Rampa credit, but you all answered, so thanks.

PixelDatabase.Net

Reading This Topic