CC3 Skin Weighting Freezes CC3

Posted By SpaceCore 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
SpaceCore
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8cfd14c9-1e7b-485e-83f4-c5a8.pngHello All,
Before CC3 Pipeline came out, I was importing DAZ Spacesuits with the character in them, then making the character invisible. After that, I would add my desired character into the spacesuit and link it. This seemed to be incredibly resource heavy, so I was happy to get to paint the suits on my desired characters without the extra invisible avatar.

The gloves are not fitting well. I do not know if Daz hands and Iclone hands are just that different or what. I position the gloves, then position the hands to get as close as I possibly can. If there are any peak throughs, I just hide the mesh for the skin on the hands. I also noticed a lot of stretching under the arms when they were extended upwards. I thought manual painting of the skin weights may help fix the issue. 

Problem is that the Skin Weight Paint Brush tool stalls out my system to the point of almost crashing. Definitely to the point of not being able to use it because if I click a spot with the brush once, the blue circle comes up for 2-3 minutes before I can see the results. Definitely not the same outcome that Kai gets on his laptop in the tutorial. 

I have an Alienware R7. i7-8700k with a Nvidia GTX1080TI - 11Gb and iclone is installed on my massive D-drive. I cannot figure out why I would be having this problem. Picture attached shows the deformed fingers of the glove and stretching under the arm. Any and all suggestions are graciously appreciated!
Attachments
skinweight.PNG (161 views, 1.00 MB)
Edited
5 Years Ago by SpaceCore
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 minutes ago
Do you have this same problem every time you paint skin weights or is the issue limited to this particular outfit?

If you are not sure, try the same process on one the Character Creator embedded outfits and see if the same issue occurs. If the process works fine with other outfits it may be that this problem outfit is pushing your system resources to the limit.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

SpaceCore
SpaceCore
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

I will try with the other resources you mentioned. I did not think of this particular outfit combination with the weight paint brush being too much for my system to handle, but I will see what can come of it. Thank you for the reply Peter! 
SpaceCore
SpaceCore
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Still struggling with the gloves for some reason. The skin weight crash issue does seem to be restricted to the DAZ spacesuit though
Edited
5 Years Ago by SpaceCore
r.sorrell
r.sorrell
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

I have the same problem -

There is a MAJOR issue with weighting in CC3 - I can paint them, but - if I select a number of vertex's to add weight too with the number pad - it just freezes solid!
It sometime crashes my entire PC - and my PC ait slow!

:/
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 minutes ago
r.sorrell (8/25/2020)
I have the same problem -

There is a MAJOR issue with weighting in CC3 - I can paint them, but - if I select a number of vertex's to add weight too with the number pad - it just freezes solid!
It sometime crashes my entire PC - and my PC ait slow!

:/

Hi...

Sorry to hear you are having problems with skin weighting.

If you have a repeatable issue, please can you report it in the Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant departmental teams who will investigate the issue. Alternatively, if this is a critical issue for you then please free to contact Technical Support. If you supply your system information (dxdiag.txt) they will be able to check for any issues that may be causing the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic