Profile Picture

Cartoon Character Designer - Now Available

Posted By Peter (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wtadlock
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Has anyone figured out about the aging of the characters in this pack?  The sole reason I purchased this pack was to to be able to create older looking toons.  I really don't want to have to purchase another pack from Daz 3d to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Walter
j-wag
j-wag
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Have you been able to figure it out?
wtadlock
wtadlock
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

@j-wag

I have not been able to figure it out, no.  I also have not spent a lot of time trying to figure it out either.  I have been working on other aspects of the project I am currently working on.

Walter
j-wag
j-wag
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
You can always directly email support. They'll get back to you in 1-2 days.
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
These look great Kelly but how do they look in iClone when ported across? Plus I have no idea how to do it at this time but I feel I must look into it.
Kelleytoons (5/20/2019)
Remember that Daz also offers some cartoon folks (and some very nice old people) that work fine in iClone:

https://www.daz3d.com/toon-generations-mega-bundle-for-genesis-8-males-and-females

as well as some great cartoon hair:

https://www.daz3d.com/toon-generations-hair-for-genesis-8-males
https://www.daz3d.com/toon-generations-hair-for-genesis-8-females

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
tripfreak
tripfreak
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Has anyone figured out about the aging of the characters in this pack?  The sole reason I purchased this pack was to to be able to create older looking toons.

Doesn't make sense to me ? Blink
This pack is simply not designed to be used for older toon characters.
I don't have this pack, but let's take another toon like e.g. this one  (or that):
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d6d03cb8-fb96-48e0-b145-971e.jpg

If you only change the texture with a skin of an older character, it will still not look old, but ugly.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/24b742b9-67ba-473c-a6d5-674d.jpg

Instead, you need to change additional features of the face and of the body to make them look really old:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/00b9e1b3-cb02-4745-a2ad-0ae7.jpg

As long as you don't have these additional morphs in the pack, there is no chance to make it believable.

But nonetheless, you could do this with the age dial in tha pack recommended by Kelleytoons, or in the other TG2 bundle (as I did) for Genesis 3: LINK

--------------------------------------------------

TNFireWalker
TNFireWalker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi, I have iClone 7, CC3 Pipeline and HeadShot. 
I will be buying Cartoon Character Designer Bundle. 
My question is after creating avatar in CC3 and exporting to iClone 7, will I be able to 'lip sync' and make the avatar talk? 
I have yet to find the answer. 
Thank you in advance for your response.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
TNFireWalker (5/2/2020)
Hi, I have iClone 7, CC3 Pipeline and HeadShot. 
I will be buying Cartoon Character Designer Bundle. 
My question is after creating avatar in CC3 and exporting to iClone 7, will I be able to 'lip sync' and make the avatar talk? 
I have yet to find the answer. 
Thank you in advance for your response.

Yes any character you create in CC3 can be fully animated in iClone including having the character talk by using your microphone, audio file or text to speech. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

tricky3d
tricky3d
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)

Hi,
I'm recently new to the iClone - CC world and I purchased the Cartoon Character Designer set...  I've made the character and applied the Curly Pony tail Sping A asset.. I then export body & hair - send to iClone from CC, but the hair does not move with any motion file applied to the character.
I found under the modify panel in iClone, the sping section and clicked on activate, but what does it activate as it doesn't seem to be specific to the hair... also nothing happens when I play the animation.

Is there no tutorial for setting up the hair for these types of cartoon chatacters..the presentation video is great but no explaination.

Any help would be much appreciated just to get something to look and move as in the Cartoon Character Designer promo video..
Thanks in advance

I've just read through this tutorial:
https://manual.reallusion.com/iClone_6/ENU/Pro_6.0/09_MotionPlus/Body_Motions_Accessory_Animation.htm

I'm not convinced that the Cartoon Character Designer Toon Hair spring effects are working. Everything I did up to step 7, and stil no spring in the hair..
Please, where am I going wrong.. I can't be that difficult surely.
Thanks

Edited
4 Years Ago by tricky3d
Lockes The Thief
Lockes The Thief
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)

Do you have to purchase this pack to make toons? Or can it be done with the CC3 Pipeline? 

Reading This Topic