Profile Picture

maya 2019 to iclone7 with 3DXchange

Posted By frederic_795268 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
frederic_795268
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have maya 2019 and I'm evaluating Iclone7 to see if it can cover our needs.
I watched this video and others on the same subject but it was totally useless.
I'm surprised you don't have a topic on your documentation giving screenshots of the parameters needed in Maya to make a proper export.
The import does not look at it is described in this video for me. Should be a question of parameters but which ones ?
Maya is widely used and it worth a detailed procedure I think.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

There really isn't anything you need to do special in Maya. The default export settings are pretty much it. The rest of the work is done in 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. So if your character has a standard Maya rig then you can just choose that option when converting to a non-standard character in 3DXchange. 

Please take a look at the tutorial below. It's a little old but the steps shown are still applicable and should help.

https://youtu.be/kRz1EOLgFK8

And for some documentation on the general import settings, please see the manual below.

http://manual.reallusion.com/3dxchange_7/ENU/Default.htm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

frederic_795268
frederic_795268
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)Junior Member (107 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
ok... as I told in my first post, I'm using a standard auto-rigged character in Maya 2019.
When I try to use 3DXChange, it is just not working.
As I told before, I saw these videos (and a lot more) and I also had a look at the documentation.
But it seems that you have not tested your product with the last Maya version. I don't know what has changed but I can tell you it is just not working as expected.
Then what can I do now ?
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
frederic_795268 (3/29/2019)
ok... as I told in my first post, I'm using a standard auto-rigged character in Maya 2019.
When I try to use 3DXChange, it is just not working.
As I told before, I saw these videos (and a lot more) and I also had a look at the documentation.
But it seems that you have not tested your product with the last Maya version. I don't know what has changed but I can tell you it is just not working as expected.
Then what can I do now ?

What FBX version are you using? I believe 3DXchange requires FBX 2012.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

hirospot
hirospot
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Re: Maya Model FBX test

I checked the issue by using the several free 3D models available on the Net.
The Peggy Sue at free3d.com has Maya format and rigged for animation.

The FBX version can be selected on the Maya Export option panel.(Fig1)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/42568598-6a05-4e44-9834-5c9a.jpg

The model was converted on the 3DXchange 7 with no trouble, then the Model Face was modified here. (Fig2) 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0289a95d-4eb3-4d53-85e7-4e55.jpg

However, this model  is the only one success and other free models were not perfect for 3DXchange.
  Ex1: Can not change the size of the model
  Ex2: Mesh and Textures are not shown 
  Ex3: Not exported from Maya because of maximum polygon count exceeded (250,000 polygons) 

It seems the issue is in the Maya model itself rather than Maya and FBX version.
Please be indicated the name of the 3D model under the issue.

Thank you.
Edited
5 Years Ago by hirospot

Reading This Topic