Profile Picture

Help with confirming Understanding of Store Items

Posted By shan_joseph 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
shan_joseph
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 hours ago
Hi all, 

Very new here, took me a while to figure out the products! But I got CC3 and Pipeline, I am coming from 3ds max, but needed some rapid generation of characters so I thought this would be a good start

Just a bit overwhelmed with the store, there are so many base items. Just wanted to clarify.

1. When they talk about Morphs, is that basically just morph settings, e.g I could achieve the same result by tweaking the morph/slider settings.
2. When they talk about bases, these are actual new mesh's that are being given with the package.
3. With General Human Base meshes, which ones are outdated and which ones are the new ones, also some of them just seem to come with high res textures only and morph's. So no real new meshes.
I am trying to understand why the clothing packages cost so much, e.g the Assassins pack. What am I missing here. Also which ones are outdated?

Sorry if these questions are basic, I am just trying to wrap my head around it all.

Thanks for your help!

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 minutes ago
shan_joseph (3/24/2019)

1. When they talk about Morphs, is that basically just morph settings, e.g I could achieve the same result by tweaking the morph/slider settings.

These will be new Morphs that will be added to your available Character Creator morph library.

2. When they talk about bases, these are actual new mesh's that are being given with the package.

When you purchase new characters from the Store these will be new mesh shapes but are still CC3 Bases and so fully compatible with all clothing, morphs etc. 

3. With General Human Base meshes, which ones are outdated and which ones are the new ones, also some of them just seem to come with high res textures only and morph's. So no real new meshes.

The latest base is the CC3 Base. So if a character is designated as being a CC3 Base it is the latest. You also have access to older CC1 Bases. Any older CC1 characters can be converted to CC3 Base.

I am trying to understand why the clothing packages cost so much, e.g the Assassins pack. What am I missing here. Also which ones are outdated?

Packs like the Assassins pack are extremely detailed and include the highest quality assets so do come at a more premium price. All clothing packs are compatible with the CC3 Base characters so there is nothing outdated.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

shan_joseph
shan_joseph
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)Junior Member (243 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 hours ago
Great thanks for the info!

Reading This Topic