Posted By Animaniac 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Music synchronization with crazy tealk animator pipeline 3

Author
Animaniac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)Veteran Member (801 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have been approached to do a music video with crazy talk animator. I planned to do a 30's style animation where the cartoon characters bop up and down to the beat, I was hoping to be able to view the wave file of the music) so I could see where the beats are positioned on the timeline. I tried just scrolling frame by frame listening for beat or bass noises but the results were fairly unconvincing.

Does anyone have any ideas of the best way to do this, One idea was to animate in premier a 'beat visualization', where I'd mark each beat wit a red line on a blank background and import it temporarily is an image file avi, and animate to that.

Is that my best option? Or is there some way to view the wave file I don't know about. I'm fairly new to crazy talk, but can do some basic stuff that looks good.
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Animaniac (3/24/2019)
I have been approached to do a music video with crazy talk animator. I planned to do a 30's style animation where the cartoon characters bop up and down to the beat, I was hoping to be able to view the wave file of the music) so I could see where the beats are positioned on the timeline. I tried just scrolling frame by frame listening for beat or bass noises but the results were fairly unconvincing.

Does anyone have any ideas of the best way to do this, One idea was to animate in premier a 'beat visualization', where I'd mark each beat wit a red line on a blank background and import it temporarily is an image file avi, and animate to that.

Is that my best option? Or is there some way to view the wave file I don't know about. I'm fairly new to crazy talk, but can do some basic stuff that looks good.

In CTA,
1. Open the  Timeline
2. Click the Music "button"
3. Drag and drop the music on the music layer
4. Add keyframes and flags indicating the motion, as a bob up/down.  

Maybe someone else has a better method!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You can temporarily add a character and add the music as a voice clip. Then you can see the waveform. Just line it up with the music track and mute the music track or add the music track last and align.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
jlittle (3/24/2019)
You can temporarily add a character and add the music as a voice clip. Then you can see the waveform. Just line it up with the music track and mute the music track or add the music track last and align.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff!  I knew someone with more experience with CTA than I would have a much better solution.  

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Reading This Topic