Profile Picture

How do I take a bunch of props and make it into an iScene?

Posted By Dragonskunk 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How do I take a bunch of props and make it into an iScene?

Author
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Is that one of those files you can't make? 
I want to save a scene something like the Garden, Broken House, Loft, from my own set of props of my own iProject. to save it in my Scene folder.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
The only way to do that AFAIK is to add the props to the terrain. You can then save it as scene, which would also include any plants and trees.

You can then load the scene in another project and if so desired convert the former prop elements back to prop.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

animagic (3/23/2019)
The only way to do that AFAIK is to add the props to the terrain. You can then save it as scene, which would also include any plants and trees.

You can then load the scene in another project and if so desired convert the former prop elements back to prop.

What do you mean by ADD props to the terrain? I tried to parent or attach anything to the terrain... doesn't work. I tried selecting props and terrain and save as terrain and I save only the ground plane. 

iScene is still a mystery.

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

I'm still running the prior version of iClone (haven't updated yet) - and don't know whether that has any bearing on things, but:
I just now tried what (I'm *thinking*) 'Job' suggested ....
● I went to Content > Set > Terrain > Height Map Large > double clicked "Canyon"
● Then I went Content > Set > Tree > double clicked "Alaska Cedar"
● I then threw in a 'primitive box' for good measure ....

Now, (for saving), I went:
● Content > Set > CUSTOM > Terrain - and the "+" at the bottom is 'active'
● Once pressed, the scene shows the thumbnail of it's 'saved' state .......

Not sure if that's what you're talking about Dragonskunk?

Edit: ...... but *then* I tried clearing the scene .. and double clicking the saved thumbnail .....
...... and all that 'imported' back in was the terrain! ... ??!??! - don't understand what happened to the tree & box !??

OK - I *think* I get it ..... the 'tree' has to be saved under "Custom Tree" - and even though it shows the thumbnail WITH the terrain - it's really only saved the tree .... and the terrain ONLY gets saved under "Custom Terrain" .... So each 'type' has to go in it's appropriate category .....
which I guess means that it's necessary to save each 'kind' according to it's kind - and then, when reconstructing, everything has to be imported back 'category by category' (sort of 'layered' back in) ???? 
OR - if attempting to  save 'all' components at once under 'Scene' > 'Custom', it sort of defaults to using the category 'PROJECT Custom', so iClone seems to catagorize a saved "Scene" as a "Project" file .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
To add a prop to the terrain, right-click the prop and select "Convert to Terrain":

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/066492ba-3387-4296-a0b4-4485.jpg

The prop is now part of the terrain group. In my scene I have also added a tree. To save all this go to Custom => 3D Scene and click the "+" button:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/30d30d47-e102-4dde-9692-0ad3.jpg

The terrain with the converted prop and the tree will now be saved as a 3D Scene, which can be loaded back into iClone for a new project. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Well done Job! - you made short work of that!  Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I did the same as Sonic to the same end.

Convert to terrain! That's a new one for me.
Thanks Animagic

Reading This Topic