Profile Picture

PSD Import issue: Bones break the character.

Posted By eastmanimaging 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
eastmanimaging
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
HI!
Tech support could not address my issue and referred me to the user forums. :0

I'm having issues with the imported PSD file. I grabbed a pic of Rick from the internet to experiment with. Used the PSD template from Reallusion and followed the instructions and video tutorials (several times). CTA3 Pipeline reads the PSD and brings the character in and assigns the bone structure. The problem is, certain bones when rotated break off from the character. All tech support could tell me was to double bind bones. Everything was already double bound. The PSD imported character's bone structure and binding looks identical to the bone structure of a stock Elastic Person that ships with the application. I'm stumped.

I made a ZIP file containing a couple of screen grabs of what I'm seeing as well as my CTA3 project file and the PSD file if anyone want to take a look.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z1QlnWXflSX5nnP-ZHUgNaTnWtJm5Kmd/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for reading,
Todd
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

The problem is you do not have the body parts overlapping correctly.

For example, the upper arm of your character is just cut straight so it doesn't overlap the shoulder and most importantly the arm bone nub where it will hinge. You need to round off the top of the arm like the image below. Then overlap this over the shoulder so the arm nub is pinning the two parts together. Then do the same for the other problem areas.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/20deb63f-7f5e-4e4f-8b0f-bc7d.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9c6cf392-8215-4d4e-af66-12c0.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
eastmanimaging
eastmanimaging
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)

Peter!

Thank you so much!!! That crossed my mind because I could see a straight line at the shoulder. I won't have time to try out the fix until the weekend. I'll be sure to report back. Very excited to try it!

Thank you!
eastmanimaging
eastmanimaging
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I didn't have a whole lot of time to play but this seems to have solved my issue. I quickly extended the arms into the upper torso and Previewing the limb movement gave the expected result. 

Thank you for your help!

Reading This Topic