Profile Picture

CC3 does not allow to create morphs from FBX, nor from OBJ unless you have an OBJkey

Posted By lollosone 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CC3 does not allow to create morphs from FBX, nor from OBJ unless you...

Author
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am struggling here to get DAZ content to be saved in the CC3 library.

If I import the FBX exported from DAZstudio via transformer, all is good, but I can't save that in the library because reasons. I can add clothing to the library but not full characters (or to be precise, I can add them to the library but they won't load when I want to use them).
So I was told to create a morph; but there are issues:
- DAZstudio export in FBX or OBJ, FBX can be used for import via transformer but can't be saved, and you can't use the exported OBJ because it is missing the objkey that is required by CC3 to create a morph (first time ever that I see such implementation)
- The only tutorials about creating morphs are usually leveraging on iClone or the exchange pipeline from Reallusion; which I do not have and I am not interested in buying.
- Seems that beside this forum, nobody really do much with DAZ and CC3, so it is quite hard to even figure out things, unless you have time to spend to try things on your own.

I can work around this by loading EVERY TIME the fbx file for the character I want to use, but this is the most atrocious way to work, especially when you think that you are using a character creation tool that once loaded a mesh, should be able to save it as preset, to be loaded at later time.

Is there something I am missing here? Is there a way to create these elusive OBJ keys that are required even to create a simple morph, as export from DAZ studio? Am I just wasting time trying to use this application in a pipeline for Unity?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi...

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding your requirements but why not just save your Transformed Daz character under Project > Character just as you would any custom CC character. Ermm

You can choose to save under Base or Clothed:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/be829dc7-41f0-414c-a6c4-5e56.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic