Make shirt disappear?

Posted By rowjlan 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 34 minutes ago
@Walvince; That's a really nice solution. I learned something!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Walvince (3/21/2019)
You did an amazing thing!
And I tried to repeat the anchors on the material.

The material is stuck together. Usually it is necessary to turn on the drawing frame by frame. And the calculation of collisions of soft material to the material.
Once having achieved a good animation on the material, you can turn off the physics on the clothes, so as not to waste time on a permanent calculation.

My YouTube channel.
Edited
5 Years Ago by dogged2003
rowjlan
rowjlan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Walvince (3/21/2019)
I made a little test, it's far from perfect but it was really quick to do so I guess we can do much better.

Basically, there is two clothes : the "real" one, set on the avatar, and the "fake" one  with cloth simulation.

Here are the main steps :
- First, I add the fake cloth with opacity 0 at the exact same position as the real one.
(Don't know if there's a better way but to get the prop version of the cloth what I do is : load the avatar to 3dxchange, export it as .obj, load the obj and then only export the desired cloth as a prop)
- I link it to one of the avatar's hand
- I activate physics for the fake cloth (you have to use a custom weight map in order to have one static side, the one being grabbed. If you don't do this, the cloth will fall on the ground)
- Then I set the real cloth opacity to 0 when it is being grabbed.
- At the same time the fake cloth is set to opacity 100
- If needed we can adjust the position of the fake cloth, and voilà...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c3f51e17-954c-4087-8b74-c010.gif

There's of course a lot to do to have something really good. But I think you can do this sort of thing.

Great work! Very clever solution. It's all about illusions, right? 

thanks for sending!

rowjlan
rowjlan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
dogged2003 (3/21/2019)
Walvince (3/21/2019)
You did an amazing thing!
And I tried to repeat the anchors on the material.

The material is stuck together. Usually it is necessary to turn on the drawing frame by frame. And the calculation of collisions of soft material to the material.
Once having achieved a good animation on the material, you can turn off the physics on the clothes, so as not to waste time on a permanent calculation.

Cool, thanks for this! Whenever you have time, I'd love to see a video of how you did it. As a beginner I think I understand some of this, but still have a lot to learn. 

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Walvince (3/21/2019)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c3f51e17-954c-4087-8b74-c010.gif

Nice! Wink
Definitely will give this a try...

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

I've been meaning to get to the bottom of this "taking cloth off" thing for a while now. Good job dogged2003 and Walvince btw Smile

The way I was thinking to make it, is by the mean of morphs in combination with physics.
Extremely challenging depending on the type of cloth and desired outcome for the degree of realism.
There of course intent can be shown with camera movement out and in and other artistic tricks to get it done.

So here is my version combining all of the above.

Creating cloth morphs is not hard given some experience in Blender or such.
The real problem here is, that Morph Creator cannot deal with transitional/consecutive morphs.
That is making 2 consecutive morphs for the same group of vertices would screw up the outcome.
The only way I know to deal with it, is to use Morph Builder utility developed by Lord Ashes (big thanks to him!)

Blouse has 6 transitional delta morphs, plus 2 corrective (to cover pocking through).
I did not dare go all the way twisting long sleeves inside out. Only intent, camera movement and dumped copy with physics.

Skirt is a little different. It only has 3 morphs and then a copy with physics (made with alembic export > Blender > 3DX > iClone) is getting dumped to the rigid floor.
The hardest was to make a smooth transition between real skirt and a dumped copy. It is still not perfect, but pretty much close to real thing.

Bra... Oh well w00t

2 days of work including animation.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

4u2ges (3/30/2019)
The way I was thinking to make it, is by the mean of morphs in combination with physics.

Great Job! w00t
I bought some cloth from DAZ a while ago with built in Morphs/Shapes to do that...
Been distracted and never tried it out.
Now i simply can't find them in my huge DAZ-Library Pinch
So if someone knows cloth from DAZ with Morphs/Shapes to lift a shirt, give me a hint Wink

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Thanks Toystory. Please do share your experience when you find them. I curious how Morph Creator would handle them on.

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Finally i found the shirt with morphs i meant (with some help on DAZ forums) and tried this frigging topic...
And i must admit it's very tricky, so not so impressive to what "4u2ges" achieved...

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

toystorylab (4/6/2019)
Finally i found the shirt with morphs i meant (with some help on DAZ forums) and tried this frigging topic...
And i must admit it's very tricky, so not so impressive to what "4u2ges" achieved...

No, that is cool Toystory! Smile I agree, this is tricky. I might be posting a small tut on making cloth morphs later on.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic