Posted By rowjlan 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
This post has been flagged as an answer
dogged2003
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Maybe same thing like that:

My YouTube channel.
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

oops dubble post sorry

You can make anything invisible with opacity ether over time or instantly...
You can make clothes vanish body part props what ever you want its the easiest
and most effective way to do this...

here is a quick sample, quick tip video

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

I'm going to be dealing with that dressing/undressing issue myself soon, doing something like I did with the girl's hair at approximately 1:40 in the video below in my first iclone animation. I simply animated the same scene twice, once with the long hair and once with the ponytail, then used the transitions effect in a video program called Video Edit Magic. I know it leaves a lot to be desired, but with enough experimenting and positioning I'm sure you could create the illusion of your character putting on a piece of clothing.

Edited
5 Years Ago by johnwarndt52
rowjlan
rowjlan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
This is all excellent, thanks everyone. 

As a total beginner, I had no idea that making the character remove his t-shirt within the shot was so challenging, even for professional animators. I had hoped to have the character pull his t-shirt over his head in the shot, but these workarounds are great. 

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future. Great to know there's such a depth of knowledge here. Thanks! 

rowjlan
rowjlan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

This is awesome- would you mind posting a tutorial, or just a screen capture, for how you created this? I'm a total beginner but it seems like it has something to do with turning on the physics of the shirt and blanket? 

Great work!
Edited
5 Years Ago by rowjlan
rowjlan
rowjlan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

dogged2003 (3/20/2019)
Maybe same thing like that:

This is awesome- would you mind posting a tutorial, or just a screen capture, for how you created this? I'm a total beginner but it seems like it has something to do with turning on the physics of the shirt and blanket? 

Great work!
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

rowjlan (3/20/2019)
Great work!

Yes, you are completely right. I will try to make an explanatory video. But now I have to beat the flu.

My YouTube channel.
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rowjlan (3/20/2019)
skip
I had hoped to have the character pull his t-shirt over his head in the shot,

I am also looking for how to do this.

My YouTube channel.
rowjlan
rowjlan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

dogged2003 (3/20/2019)
rowjlan (3/20/2019)
Great work!

Yes, you are completely right. I will try to make an explanatory video. But now I have to beat the flu.

Look forward to watching it. Feel better! 
Walvince
This post has been flagged as an answer
Walvince
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I made a little test, it's far from perfect but it was really quick to do so I guess we can do much better.

Basically, there is two clothes : the "real" one, set on the avatar, and the "fake" one  with cloth simulation.

Here are the main steps :
- First, I add the fake cloth with opacity 0 at the exact same position as the real one.
(Don't know if there's a better way but to get the prop version of the cloth what I do is : load the avatar to 3dxchange, export it as .obj, load the obj and then only export the desired cloth as a prop)
- I link it to one of the avatar's hand
- I activate physics for the fake cloth (you have to use a custom weight map in order to have one static side, the one being grabbed. If you don't do this, the cloth will fall on the ground)
- Then I set the real cloth opacity to 0 when it is being grabbed.
- At the same time the fake cloth is set to opacity 100
- If needed we can adjust the position of the fake cloth, and voilà...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c3f51e17-954c-4087-8b74-c010.gif

There's of course a lot to do to have something really good. But I think you can do this sort of thing.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Walvince

Reading This Topic