Posted By lollosone 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

PRoblem applying presets: works only if you re-import the FBX

Author
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am having hard time to make this work
I did export Aiko3 and Aiko7 from DAZ studio; I use transformer to import the figures, all works fine. Until I save the preset.

This is how it looks when I start a new scene
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4e18901e-6351-40b3-9ae0-3c8c.jpg

And this is how it looks like once I import Aiko3
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/335fa3b9-8346-4b95-ba4b-51a6.jpg

Then I save the preset as custom preset, so I can load it again at later time
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/67e92343-1439-4e2c-ad58-187e.jpg

At this point I would expect to see the preset loaded if I start a new project and click on the preset, but what I get is nothing like what I imported.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8e487abb-7693-4bf2-9706-76fb.jpg

As you can see, it does look nothing like the imported preset. What is going wrong here?
Attachments
a3 preset applied.JPG (57 views, 38.00 KB)
imported A3.JPG (80 views, 40.00 KB)
new project.JPG (74 views, 42.00 KB)
preset list.JPG (52 views, 32.00 KB)
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Avatar preset includes morph slider data & skin textures.
To use Aiko's morph as a library, you have to create morph slider first. 
1. Create slider (source: neutral base; target: Aiko avatar) (manual)
2. Apply the newly created slider on the neutral base
3. Save the avatar preset

lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Miranda (RL) (3/19/2019)
Avatar preset includes morph slider data & skin textures.
To use Aiko's morph as a library, you have to create morph slider first. 
1. Create slider (source: neutral base; target: Aiko avatar) (manual)
2. Apply the newly created slider on the neutral base
3. Save the avatar preset

Ok, this doesn't seem to be explained much anywhere.
I saw some videos on your youtube channel that show clothing mods and then the instructor would press the + sign to add them to the library. I assumed that was the same principle when loading morphs.
My assumption was validated by the fact that the new avatar with the morph applied was saved, and a thumbnail saved; so I thought that this was the actual workflow.

Will try your steps now; thanks for the clarification
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I did export from DAZ as FBX, not as OBJ, and the morph accept only OBJ
This does not seem to work. When I export as OBJ from DAZ, I don't get an objkey, which is required by CC3 to add a morph.
I am not sure how much more complicate this process can be, considering that all that is expected is to save the morph as applied from transformer.
Edited
5 Years Ago by lollosone
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

I found what I described is not that clear enough, sorry about that. 
You don't have to save Daz morph as neither FBX nor OBJ.

1. Once you convert Aiko into CC via Transformer, you can directly go to Morph Slider Editor (Create > New Morph Slider).
   Source: default morph (neutral base, means there is no morph slider data on this base)
   Target: current morph (Aiko, as what you see from the view port)
2. Once the morph sliders are created, you can reset the character to be neutral. 
3. Apply the Aiko slider on the neutral base.
4. Click + in the Content Manager to save Aiko Avatar Preset.
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Miranda (RL) (3/21/2019)
I found what I described is not that clear enough, sorry about that. 
You don't have to save Daz morph as neither FBX nor OBJ.

1. Once you convert Aiko into CC via Transformer, you can directly go to Morph Slider Editor (Create > New Morph Slider).
   Source: default morph (neutral base, means there is no morph slider data on this base)
   Target: current morph (Aiko, as what you see from the view port)
2. Once the morph sliders are created, you can reset the character to be neutral. 
3. Apply the Aiko slider on the neutral base.
4. Click + in the Content Manager to save Aiko Avatar Preset.

Thanks for the clarification; I was not sure if there was something that I was missing.
I tried your workflow and there is a problem when I try to reset. I can't reset the figure because the reset button is greyed out, once I apply the Aiko3 via transform and create the slider for the morph.
So I can't set the figure to the neutral base, to then apply the slider value. I tried all the options but no luck.
Is there a bug that does not allow the reset button to work, when a transformer character is applied?
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Start a new project, or load the embedded female or male character. Then click the reset button. Smile

Is there a bug that does not allow the reset button to work, when a transformer character is applied?

It's not a bug. 
To perfectly transforming Daz/Poser character into CC, the Transformer tool resets the morph data during the transformation to keep the body shape.
Which means that there will be no morph data on a transformed character.

lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh, I see, the slider with the morph is saved in the app even if you reset the project. I thought it was saved at figure level, not at application level.
Getting progress; I can apply the morph but the teeth and face are quite off; the body too is distorted quite noticeably, when I apply the slider to 100%, compared to the output I get right after applying Aiko3 from transformer.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4730c617-5731-4fa9-8d0f-d446.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6aaf1c37-82cd-4504-a1fc-110e.jpg
Edited
5 Years Ago by lollosone
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Miranda (RL) (3/22/2019)

To perfectly transforming Daz/Poser character into CC, the Transformer tool resets the morph data during the transformation to keep the body shape.
Which means that there will be no morph data on a transformed character.

I think I tried all the various iterations and the teeth continue to be sticking out no matter what I do. For some reasons the morph when using the slider, does not account for the teeth, although it is correctly applied when using transformer.

This looks a bug to me; unless there is a step that I am not aware of. I do get the same results either if I start from the standard female figure when I create a new project, or if I reset the morphs on the figure, before apply the slider.
Thanks

lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I guess it is time to fire up a support request. Thanks for the hints!

Reading This Topic