CC3 Poke Through

Posted By Strife 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Strife
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Why is the poke through so bad on CC3? Even after using 'Confirm' or increasing size, it's a regular issue.
Clothes that would fit fine in CC2 with no adjustments seem to require a lot of extra work to make them fit in all poses in CC3. The default t-pose usually looks good, but as soon as you get the character in some different positions (kneeling crouching, sitting, various standing positions, etc), clothes don't fit.

Is there an ETA for a fix? I searched the forums and couldn't find anything.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 49 minutes ago
Depends a lot on what clothes you are talking about, and how you are using them.

In general, poke-through has ALWAYS been a problem but is mitigated by either the clothes or hiding the underlying parts.  Now CC3 has an auto-hide feature which works pretty well, although I still like hiding stuff myself.  For custom or Daz clothing you may need to adjust the weights.  And for some clothes you need physics.  But no matter what you can usually get about 80% of clothing to work just fine.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Strife
Strife
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)

Kelleytoons (3/18/2019)
Depends a lot on what clothes you are talking about, and how you are using them.

In general, poke-through has ALWAYS been a problem but is mitigated by either the clothes or hiding the underlying parts.  Now CC3 has an auto-hide feature which works pretty well, although I still like hiding stuff myself.  For custom or Daz clothing you may need to adjust the weights.  And for some clothes you need physics.  But no matter what you can usually get about 80% of clothing to work just fine.

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that it happens with default content and then conform doesn't fix it. In CC2 I agree it happened (not as often), but Conform->Calculate Collision almost always fixed it. Example:
1. Open CC3 with the default female character that auto-loads
2. Apply the Noodle Strap Top to her (default clothing, as I understand)
3. Apply a different pose (ie: Distressed, Dive or Meditation all had poke through around the stomach, even after Conform->Calc Collision on the shirt)

It gets especially worse if you've modified the body of the character to be any bit larger. I've taken CC2 characters and upgraded them and as soon as I update the CC3 version to iClone, there's all kinds of poke through that didn't appear in the same movements before.

From the Reallusion training videos, it seems like they're now expecting you to try a bunch of poses in CC3 and manually move parts of the clothing until you've eliminated all of the poke through. This is significant effort for something they already had working automatically in CC2.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Um, in the first place those "poses" were not there before -- they are new to CC3.  

In the second place, when I take the default camisole (I don't see anything that says "noodle strap top" but this top does have string straps on it) and put it on the default female and put all of Heidi's motions on it it conforms just fine.  Same with any adjustments like making her larger (and even grotesque).  I wouldn't recommend using those "poses" most of which are way too extreme anyway.  Clothing needs time to "fit" to a figure and thus the movements need to flow into position.  Any animation should do this correctly and I see that all of them in iClone do at least with this piece of clothing (and most others I tried).

If you have an animation that isn't working share it and perhaps we can figure out what's going on.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Strife
Strife
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Kelleytoons (3/18/2019)
Um, in the first place those "poses" were not there before -- they are new to CC3.  

In the second place, when I take the default camisole (I don't see anything that says "noodle strap top" but this top does have string straps on it) and put it on the default female and put all of Heidi's motions on it it conforms just fine.  Same with any adjustments like making her larger (and even grotesque).  I wouldn't recommend using those "poses" most of which are way too extreme anyway.  Clothing needs time to "fit" to a figure and thus the movements need to flow into position.  Any animation should do this correctly and I see that all of them in iClone do at least with this piece of clothing (and most others I tried).

If you have an animation that isn't working share it and perhaps we can figure out what's going on.

Yeah, the pose was just an example to show it can be reproduced using Reallusion default content and not something special that I'm doing.

In CC2, there's nothing I can do to make a camisole poke through after I've run calculate collision. 

Anyways, I'll have to use sculpt manually in the meantime to fix, it looks like.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

No, I'm saying you won't get poke through with any animations.  Those poses are just too extreme.

So don't worry about it.  Just use the content (run conform, of course) and you'll be fine.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

(I don't see anything that says "noodle strap top" but this top does have string straps on it)

He means this garment.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/944bfea9-ade5-45d2-8d9a-5d30.jpg

Greets Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hmm, I don't have that shirt (and I have a TON of content).  Weird.

Edit: Okay, found it.  And it seems to work fine.  I put TONS of animations on it and by and large it conforms without doing anything special (admittedly those tiny straps are a bit troublesome, but that would have been true even in CC1/2).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Strife
Strife
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

So it sounds like the issue is more with poses. This should be fixed, as it seems like it also affects the new poses they're selling.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I went back and tried this -- first of all, I loaded up the default female, made her VERY pregnant, with LARGE boobs, and applied the Dive pose (I couldn't find Meditation or Distressed anywhere so I doubt they are standard, but I suspect they would work just fine, too).  And it worked great and I didn't even do a calculation of collision.

So I don't know what you're doing wrong, but it's something.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/11917f06-3a0a-4a63-af9c-110e.png

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic