CTA3 import to CTA4?

Posted By trilobite_887614 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
trilobite_887614
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi Reallusion,
After a ten day trial I'm about to commit CTA to a job. Just two last questions before purchase.
If I start work on the job in CTA3 will I be able to open all scenes and characters in CTA4 and be able to continue working seamlessly?
Just as importantly, if I choose to update to CTA4 but have problems of any kind will I be able to revert back to CTA3 installation?
Many thanks.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 48 minutes ago
So far I have found CTA to always be backwards compatible so there should be no problem opening projects from CTA3 in CTA4.
As for reverting back, you don't need to.
You can have both (or all) versions of CTA installed at the same time since each new version of CTA installs in it's own directories.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

tonydoug
tonydoug
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Jeff, I just wanted to say thank you for all the great tutorials you posted on youtube. I have leaned the most from your stuff. Thanks.... 
from tony,
email: tonydoug@aol.com
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 48 minutes ago
Thanks Tony, I'm glad they have been helpful.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Chrissy Beast
Chrissy Beast
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Is anyone having this problem importing product into CTA 4?
With over 50% of my product - I am getting this message 

Failed to read the rl.content file. Please re-download the file and try again!

I have done this several times and still unable to update my CTA4 with content.

Any suggestions?
Thank you
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Chrissy Beast (5/12/2019)
Is anyone having this problem importing product into CTA 4?
With over 50% of my product - I am getting this message 

Failed to read the rl.content file. Please re-download the file and try again!

I have done this several times and still unable to update my CTA4 with content.

Any suggestions?
Thank you

Which content are you having problems with? Do you mean content packs you have purchased or custom content you saved yourself in CTA3?

If it is purchased content, please tell us the packs you are having problems with so we can test them. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Chrissy Beast
Chrissy Beast
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Schoolmates V2 (Just purchased)G3 Spongy MovesG3 Cartoon MovesAlphabet PropsPackCrazy Talk Power Tools Vol 1 - 5 
Lucy & Billy -from Inventory - 
8/19/2017      6363874782238660748/19/2017      636387259122639479There are more - I have just given up for now -
Thanks Chrissy
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi Chrissy

Thanks for confirming some of the packs affected. These are installing fine for me so the issue may be with the Content Downloader itself.

Please download and install the latest version of the downloader from the link below. Then try again to install your content packs.

https://www.reallusion.com/downloader/

If you then continue to have problems, please contact Technical Support using the link below. They will be able to advise you further.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic