Profile Picture

SKIN WEIGHT I NEED HELP SERIOUSLY CC3

Posted By kingzelfilms 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kingzelfilms
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hey guys!

Thanks for reading this, basically I need to know how to get the skin weights to work properly for pants. Whenever I use the auto skin weight it looks fine in the resting pose but when I test the calibration it looks terrible.

I create my clothes inside of Marvelous Designer 8 then bring the OBJ over to CC3. I'm creating these clothes for my video game but I can't really use them because the skin shows through the pants.

I saw that Reallusion sales a bundle for about $300 that provides some clothing + a MD -> CC3 workflow but honestly I've spent over 4k getting iClone, Nueron32 (+ profiles), CC3 and other things to help.

If anyone has a proper work flow please let me know, I've watched Reallusion's free skin weight tutorial but it didn't go over anything like this and I've also watched the other 3 youtube videos pertaining to skin weights posted by carious creators and nothing is helping me with my issues.

Here's a couple pics of the issues

Attachments
Screenshot (20).png (351 views, 1.00 MB)
Screenshot (21).png (151 views, 1.00 MB)
Screenshot (22).png (177 views, 1.00 MB)
Screenshot (23).png (230 views, 1.00 MB)
Rampa
This post has been flagged as an answer
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 18 minutes ago
It looks like two things are going on here.

There is some stretching of verts attached to the wrong leg, I think. 

To remedy that, try modeling the pants in an A pose. You can then pose the character to the pants before using the auto-weighting. That will insure the inner thighs do not effect each other.

The second issue can be fixed by, with the pants selected, clicking "Conform" in the Modify panel and then "Calculate Collision" in the panel. At the bottom of the panel is a "Layer Settings". If you open that, you can set the "Auto Hide Mesh". You can also manually hide mesh using the mesh editing tools. The auto hide will hide mesh under the pants.

When you export the character as FBX, don't forget to check the "Delete Hidden Mesh" box.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d10626c6-c581-4fd5-bad9-69c9.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/64584a37-87f2-47a4-9456-4b33.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9bcfc89f-42a1-4d6a-94fd-f18c.jpg
Edited
5 Years Ago by Rampa
kingzelfilms
kingzelfilms
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Excellent!!! Thank you so much, I have to make some of the vertices smooth but this solves my major issue. I appreciate it a ton, I always see you in the forums helping people. Thank you for taking the time out to assist me.
DavidinLA
DavidinLA
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (791 reputation)Veteran Member (791 reputation)Veteran Member (791 reputation)Veteran Member (791 reputation)Veteran Member (791 reputation)Veteran Member (791 reputation)Veteran Member (791 reputation)Veteran Member (791 reputation)Veteran Member (791 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I'm glad you asked the question. I was going to ask something similar and the answer you received helped me get a bit further in the MD to CC rabbit hole.

I'm having a problem where I try to import an FBX into CC and it asks for a decryption key. Any help on that would be great. You wrote that you import as a .OBJ into CC but I can't seem to get that done either. For me it seems CC can't see the .OBJ file.

So via 3DX I've exported the clothes as an "apply to iclone" asset and then I bring that into CC but it comes in as a prop and then I can't do any skin weight procedures on the prop.

I'm really close to getting this to work but I'm missing some detail. I watched Chuck Chen's videos and thought about doing the Maya skin weights procedure but I don't really want to invest in Maya right now. I thought CC and iClone would relieve me of that burden and I think they will but I'm just missing something.

UPDATE: I think I figure this out. I found a different Reallusion video that showed me how to do it at : https://youtu.be/nsE5qJP2xAI

Edited
5 Years Ago by DavidinLA

Reading This Topic