Profile Picture

Issues with character modified in ZBrush

Posted By andersstjernenielsen 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
andersstjernenielsen
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi!

So I’ve been working on a toon-like character in ZBrush, starting with a model from CC3. Because of its stylized look, it requires a great deal of tweaking.
I’ve had an earlier model where the GoZ option worked, I could update the body in CC3 with my own modified model. But sadly the mesh was messed up due to the ‘blinkers’ being integrated in the body mesh.

So I’ve tried again, this time having all parts in individual subtools. But now, when I try to import my modified model, CC3 won’t recognize the mesh and I have no other option that to create either a cloth or accessory.

I’ve tried turning it into a morph, but that doesn’t work either.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Thanks!
J__s
J__s
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)Senior Member (329 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Could you please provide a screen shot  video of your work flow or images to us to help the team conform the issue in first place that you met please. 

Edited
5 Years Ago by J__s
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I had the same Problem, because I use the GOZ Button and not the ALL Button in Zbrush .

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

andersstjernenielsen
andersstjernenielsen
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)Junior Member (105 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
vidi (3/18/2019)
I had the same Problem, because I use the GOZ Button and not the ALL Button in Zbrush .

Unfortunately, the issue persists even when using the ALL button in ZBrush. 
This is the window I get in CC3 when hitting the all button. It seems like CC3 is unable to see which version it should take from ZBrush, and I'm only able to 'create cloth' or 'create acc' with the real body mesh. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a9382c94-b145-4b98-b18a-dcf4.jpg

This only happens however, if I've chosen to split up the body parts before exporting to ZBrush. Like this: 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5c355742-de4e-4ed4-a4e6-ef9a.jpg

But it is crucial that I can, since I cannot get the clean look required for the character with the 'eye winkers' incorporated into the body mesh. 
So it seems like the issue stems from CC3 not recognizing the model once it returns from ZBrush with modifications. 

Reading This Topic