Heidi and Mason Bone Names

Posted By videodv 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
videodv
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi All
I have just started to look at charaters through python scripting and found the following.
Both some of Heidi and Masons bone names are incorrect they have "Beta" in there names i.e RL_G6Beta_Neck or RL_G6Beta_UpperArm these are just two examples there are more bone names the same.

Any one else noticed this or do I need to update both of them to get the correct bone names.

Just an extra thought is there a bone name chart to show which parts of a charater go with which bone name apart from the obvious parts?

Chris.
Edited
5 Years Ago by videodv
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Most character have different bone names. So there is no generic way to find out what bone is what by their name. As they can be called anything in general. Also note that GetSkeletonComponent().GetSkinBones() and GetSkeletonComponent().GetMotionBones() will give you different bone names.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD

Reading This Topic