Copy and Paste Sprites along timeline?

Posted By trilobite_887614 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
trilobite_887614
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi Reallusion,

The Sprite editor seems to work nicely overall but if I try and copy and paste a set of sprite keys (like an eye blink) down the timeline the copied versions seem to be broken and incorrect. I've tried right click and copy function and also Cntrl dragging in timeline but neither seems to work correctly.

I've done a few tests on sprite swapping and really like what that can do - with regards to animated effects - but it's going to be very time consuming to do every single frame by hand rather than copy and pasting sections.

Is this function working properly? If not will it be fixed in CTA4?

Best, Currie.
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Use the Collect Clip feature of the timeline to copy the animation eg. an eye blink.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
trilobite_887614
trilobite_887614
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)Veteran Member (597 reputation)

Thanks for this reply too,

Mmm...When I do that (use Collect Clip) and try to repaste into the scene it seems to override the previous voice clip and face clip tracks. I can remove from those tracks and restore voice and face clips then copy and paste the new clip along the face motion track but it still seems to interfere with the expression of individual visemes.  When I try to do a similar thing higher up the stack - say cycle sprites on the head - all bets seem to be off. Apart from the trickiness of creating the appropriate clip in the first place once applied it seems to override everything and the scene descends into chaos.

Now I'm certain that I'm missing something here but it does seem a pity that you can't just simply (and effectively) copy and paste keys (any keys) along the timeline.

Is that something that will be addressed in CTA4? If so will that become available soon?

Thanks again. I'm just trying to work all this through before committing the software to a largish job.
trilobite_887614
trilobite_887614
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks for this reply too,

Mmm...When I do that (use Collect Clip) and try to repaste into the scene it seems to override the previous voice clip and face clip tracks. I can remove from those tracks and restore voice and face clips then copy and paste the new clip along the face motion track but it still seems to interfere with the expression of individual visemes.  When I try to do a similar thing higher up the stack - say cycle sprites on the head - all bets seem to be off. Apart from the trickiness of creating the appropriate clip in the first place once applied it seems to override everything and the scene descends into chaos.

Now I'm certain that I'm missing something here but it does seem a pity that you can't just simply (and effectively) copy and paste keys (any keys) along the timeline.

Is that something that will be addressed in CTA4? If so will that become available soon?

Thanks again. I'm just trying to work all this through before committing the software to a largish job.
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
There is a Help button in the program itself.
Click it to learn more of how to use the COLLECT CLIP feature.
Basically, once you've highlighted the part you want to save, right-click and chose the option that fits your requirement.

Thanks.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
trilobite_887614
trilobite_887614
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

That's what I've been doing.

I've been an animator for over 20 years and I'm almost ashamed to say that I'm having a bit of trouble getting my head around this software.

Reading This Topic