LOD Export Issues

Posted By Magique 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Magique
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm having serious issues with trying to export my characters using the LOD system. With 3 LOD levels, the third level actually looks the most correct and the higher detail ones are completely messed up. Here is what they look like after export to Unity. From left to right the LODs are 1,2,3.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/55eac5be-758c-4d28-b45c-772a.png

Magique
Magique
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

I tried for a while to get better/different results and nothing is even close to satisfactory. This application is advertised as a solution to bring characters into games like Unity, but in its current state, it is completely useless for that purpose. The only characters that will work in Unity are full models at highest resolution and with many, many materials. I would expect this system to work similar to Mixamo Fuse or UMA 2. Both of those products have much better results.In the case of UMA 2, the base male and female models are under 7000 polygons and they look superior to what we get from CC3 at 15k or more. Also, when doing LOD remeshing on CC3 characters, they lose all capability to do blendshapes for eye movement and lip syncing.

I am extremely disappointed in this product and I've spent a lot of money taking a chance on it. Are issues like this being addressed? Will we see a better product soon?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
Sorry to hear you are running into problems with LOD exports. The results you are getting are certainly not normal so something is amiss for sure. Just for clarification purposes, are you getting these results with all characters exported or is it just with this particular character?

If you haven't already I would advise watching the tutorial below which should get you up to speed on the correct steps to take. Do take a look at this and let us know if it helps.

https://youtu.be/L8BoqdFyVS4

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Magique
Magique
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm having the issue with all characters. I am going to try following the video you posted. I had watched a different one and it was completely different. This one shows how to prepare the LODs within CC3 whereas the other one does it on export, which never works for me. I will try tonight and let you know if I have better success.

Reading This Topic